Popup Content
Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
#16: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:31 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 16 points
Next Level: 20 points
I would like to know roles mainly to know if the idlers were mafia or not.

#17: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:16 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
Yeah, I'd like to know the roles as well.
~Wliu

#18: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:13 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 242 points
Next Level: 400 points
I would love to know the roles as well. I was vanilla town. My only night power was practicing guitar which did nothing.

#19: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:08 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
(downfell)
I would love to know the roles as well. I was vanilla town. My only night power was practicing guitar which did nothing.

I didn't even have that :(. All I did was sleep.
~Wliu

#20: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:07 pm 
FIGHT ME
Level 7
Total Points: 1004 points
Next Level: 1200 points
I didn't participate but I really liked following this game. The whole time I expected downfell to be mafia. Downfell, what was your strategy of constant aggression and trying to rally up the town members to go against whoever was "late to lunch?" It certainly made you seem suspicious. Were you just trying to get this game rolling, or did you actually have some secret goal?

#21: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:21 am 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 10 points
Next Level: 20 points
I would love to know the roles, as well. I was vanilla town with no night powers; I was trying to make up for it by playing an elaborately contrived character. :)

#22: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:21 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
(PenguinBond)
I didn't participate but I really liked following this game. The whole time I expected downfell to be mafia. Downfell, what was your strategy of constant aggression and trying to rally up the town members to go against whoever was "late to lunch?" It certainly made you seem suspicious. Were you just trying to get this game rolling, or did you actually have some secret goal?

People who idle are either mafia by virtue of actually being mafia, or implicitly mafia by virtue of not participating and therefore acting as deadweight (since idle players are the same as a 'no' vote). If somebody is idling, then it is in town's interest to exterminate them as soon as possible, because it is a guaranteed way to get rid of someone who is helping mafia (and, again, they're either helping mafia intentionally or by virtue of not playing). If town doesn't do this, then as we saw here eventually the deadweight creates a situation whereby mafia wins by doing nothing other than withholding their vote. I suspect mafia realized this and that accounts for our late-comer idlers.

I predicated every nomination of an idler on the basis of, "If they come back, I'll pick someone else" precisely because the point is to encourage participation or get rid of somebody not participating. That this didn't work even a little bit suggests our targets either were actually mafia, and therefore we were right to nominate them, or opted out of the game such that not even the threat of getting lynched would get them to participate... and therefore we were right to nominate them.

I had my suspicions about other players, but those were essentially irrelevant. If I pick somebody playing, my chance of lunching somebody in the mafia is less than 100%. If I pick somebody idling, my chance of lunching somebody who is either explicitly or implicitly mafia is 100%. It's that simple.

#23: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:34 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 271 points
so i was terminator (sheriff) and because i was busy with nuke school (yay navy) and i onlu investigated 3 of 4 applicable times IRCC runic, downfell, and one other came up as town
so yeah, as it stood, i was running out of time wuickly to find mafia
My brother wants to make KITTENS!

#24: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:17 am 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
MAFIA:
DLW3-Max Walker- Mafioso
Le madame - Billy Pilgrim - mafios
Confirmed Town - Jake Gyllenhaaal - mafia investigator
Mr. Denton - Tim - Mafioso

TOWN:
Downfell - Ted Theodore Logan
Wliu - Morlock
Sulfur- Doctor Who
Jebidiah - Doc Brown
Ind1go- Terminator - Cop*
Ruby Rose - Marty Mcfly - cop*
Vanillager - Crono
Achiang - Marle - Tracker*
Metdenn - Lucca
Snake Pliskin - Meg Murry
Lisiera - Link - three shot vigilante*
E. Fermi - Hiro Nakamura
Runic- Bill Preston Esq. - Time Traveling Doc
Arsaces - Biff Tannen

INDE:
DNS- Phil Connors - Time Traveling Serial Killer
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#25: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:21 am 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
anybody not listed as anything is vanilla town and had no night actions.

cop can investigate a person and see if they are town/mafia/independent (for this game. other games can be town/not town)

tracker can investigate a person and follow them to see where they went at night

Time Traveling Doctor can go back in time to *any* night and heal a person.

Time Traveling Serial Killer can go back int time to *any* night and kill a person.

Three shot vigilante is pretty self explanatory. has three bullets essentially and can kill a person.
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#26: Re: Time Travel Mafia: Day 4
Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:18 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
*practices guitar*

Search for:
Jump to: