Popup Content
MOBA Mafia: Day 2
#76: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:00 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 242 points
Next Level: 400 points
I also think the metagaming is unwise. While I did find a replacement player (all I did was ask on facebook), I of course had no "extra" knowledge.

I am feeling Zaz at this point, because he made a pure anti-town move (again, being against more time). The only defense is his own (that he was impatient) or what Candy said (that he's an idiot). Lynching somebody who is either mafia or, shall we say, a less gifted player seems like a good move to me. As everybody has checked in, I do not anticipate a new argument changing anything. I will be back in the thread on Monday-- unless something changes my mind I will redo my vote for Zaz at that point.

I'm town, and as others have claimed, this is pretty much my normal playstyle.

If so, then your normal playstyle is to oppose more time when town is dangerously close to not lynching? :\.

#77: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:08 pm 
Dr. Neckbeard
Level 7
Total Points: 1172 points
Next Level: 1200 points
You guys are boring as fuck. :(
:3

January 21st, 2012 - The Day I Met Fanatic. Never forget.
Battle buddies :3

#78: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:22 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 271 points
(Sllewely)
Indigo:
@sllew, clues were VERY convincingly leading to mafia, if this were Are You a Werewolf? the only way a person would've been replaced is if 1. they were INDEED a werewolf and 2. they were the ONLY SEER.

I don't disagree. I believe CKP's same observation in the last day was clever. However, but candyvag and I expressed a reluctance to a) rely upon external-to-game info and more importantly b) never try to outguess the moderator. Numbers ALSO considered the possibility of modkilling Resaka outright, but Downfell found a new player to replace Resaka. Now you know. This kind of meta-gaming when you don't even have all of the information is bad play.

I'm town. More importantly, I'm not interested in role claiming, and your insistence upon me role-claiming when all of the accusations against me are weak is super sketch. It's a great mafia play to get someone to role claim prematurely.

well shit.
Unvote:Sllew
i still don't like the idea of killing Zaz.
CKP suggesting that he might lynch you after a zaz kill worries me, why?
you two are (IMO) the strongest players that are consistently vocal. since you are likely to die, i'd like to keep Zaz around for a bit, in an attempt to still have a good shot getting the rest of the mafia.
Strategically speaking with that in mind CKP's suggestion of killing Zaz would be doing the mafia a favor by making sure you two are gone.
going out on another, potentially excessively fragile limb, but...
Vote:CKP
and sorry sllew, I thought I said might...
My brother wants to make KITTENS!

#79: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:33 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
i just realized that some of my previous post is a bit... LATE (i.e. the not liking the zaz kill)
it's what i get for typing and thinking slow for this.

#80: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:37 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 16 points
Next Level: 20 points
It sounds to me like some of the players here, instead of functioning on actual evidence prefer to function on some other source of knowledge that I simply don't have.

Re: Ind1g0
CKP suggesting that he might lynch you after a zaz kill worries me, why?
you two are (IMO) the strongest players that are consistently vocal.

How has Zaz contributed at all to the conversation the past few days? How have I? I initiated the lynching process on HDII who was revealed as mafia. Meanwhile, Zazaranth attempted to throw suspicion in three different directions when confronted with suspicions against him by others including the night-killed Watcher, Anonymity. Zaz also did NOT want to extend the time by a day, which would have given us more time to discuss and plan on our first day.

If you seriously think Zaz is a strong player based off of the evidence this game, and the actual testimony from people who have played with him before (i.e. "Zaz always dies in the first two days because he is loud/says stupid shit"), then I'm not really understanding your logic. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Currently, there is 0 actual evidence that anyone IS town. However, of all the current players, Zaz has flung the most suspicion around unproductively while one of the major proponents of killing him is dead in the night. Meanwhile (for some reason STILL not clear) people are accusing downfell (lightly), sllewely, and myself. Sllewely because she is a 'strong player' that is alive. Me because I have no problem killing Zaz, and then, given 0 further evidence, considering future kills. Is this wrong? Is it against typical town play to look into future days? And then downfell for an arguably town move.

So from the recent posts from 50dkp forum frequenters, town players do NOT:
    plan ahead
    increase daytime discussion
    agree with part of someone's argument but disagree with a different part (re: me want to kill zaz not, not kill sllewely now even if I think she is suspicious)

Furthermore, how the hell is "calling your role" and then saying you are town mean anything? Anyone can claim to be a plain towny. There is no utility or bravery in that.

I maintain my vote for Zaz. Runic, Fanatic, and Ind1g0: I'm not following your logic, and I suspect other people aren't either. If you actually have a logical basis for your argument besides "TOWNIES DONT DO THAT" or "META-GAMING IS WRONG EVEN IF IT WORKS". Come at me. I'm all ears.

#81: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 18 points
Next Level: 20 points
Sllew and CKP ones that are speaking logic right now. Downfell's antics and train of Thought raise a lot of suspension IMHO, BUT CKP seems to trust him 100% and i am inclined to trust CKP. The people who are trying to get us riled up about Sllew aren't putting any logical agreement together and makes me think that they usually play games where the loudest person sways the town. Anyone else who is steering away from killing Zazaranth seems to be attempting to throw smoke to try and stall. We have a person (Zazaranth) who has made seriously negative calls for the town and has failed to put forward any reasonable argument for his continued existence besides, "I am town. " I don't understand why people aren't unanimous about this. Kill this dude.

#82: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:00 am 
Dr. Neckbeard
Level 7
CountCount, most of what I've been saying is that I'm bored as fuck and that I want to hear from other people. You can vote however you want, the only person I'm super set on getting lynched is Sllewely because the way she talks means she's clearly Mafia.

Anyone who doesn't see past the manipulative nature of her is just plain ignorant of a simple fact that is right in front of them.

Also, CKP, no one is talking about fucking meta-gaming. Stop circle jerking. Also, on that note again, when people ask you to claim a role, it doesn't matter if you're town or what. Nine times out of ten you're going to get a "town" or something town-friendly response. The utility in this is dependent on whether the person comes across as trustworthy or not. Then, you take their word for it.

My god, it's almost like it's logical. I'm going to bed.

#83: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:25 pm 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
Votecount:

Zaz: Sllewely,CountCount, Kachii, CKP
Sllewely: THEVAG,
CKP: Runic, Fanatic, 1ndigo

I think I've got these votes right this time. Let me know if any aren't. Day will end sometime on Wednesday July 3rd, or if a majority vote of 6 has been reached.
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#84: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:27 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
(105137.2555)

As I said before, I will redo my vote for Zaz on Monday. If one other person does so, that is enough for a lynch. Is anybody willing to be the sixth vote on Zaz?

Zaz is either mafia or, at best, town that plays ineffectively. At this point, I don't really have strong opinions about anybody else. I am unclear on why sllew or CKP are supposed to "obviously" be mafia, but I am willing to be talked into it if there's an actual argument.

#85: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:48 pm 
Dr. Neckbeard
Level 7
(105137.2555)
Votecount:

I think I've got these votes right this time. Let me know if any aren't. Day will end sometime on Wednesday July 3rd, or if a majority vote of 6 has been reached.

But I voted for Slew on like, page 2 or 3! D:

#86: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
Votecount:

Sllewely: THEVAG, Zaz
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#87: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:53 pm 
The Unknown
Level 4
Total Points: 115 points
Next Level: 200 points
This day really has drawn itself down into a standstill hasn't it? What a shame.

Being as day ends on the 3rd, I'm going to go ahead and say I have no intention to vote for Zaz.

Sure he hasn't exactly been the most helpful player to the game, however if I was going to lynch people for that, I certainly wouldn't start with him.

Light arguments have been made against Sllew, but I can't say I'd follow in their tracks without someone holding my blind head through what makes her a good candidate for the day. Perhaps I'm blind, perhaps others are seeing things where the are nothing.

My vote, unless strongly convinced otherwise, will stay where it is on CKP, I don't trust him, I don't trust people's unyielding trust in him (CountCount, especially to the point of trusting someone else off of it.) Something about him screams not right to me so my stubborn ass will stay there until the day ends.

#88: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:06 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
To be honest, i want to hear from mala and THEVAG before the day ends, to be honest, both Zaz and Sllew gave their roles up too easy for them to be the truth. In my honest opinion Sllew seems to come across as though she's 'untouchable' but for the time being I don't trust CKP less than sllew, but I have been overly paranoid other times.

#89: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:28 pm 
Oh god why
Level 6
Total Points: 713 points
Next Level: 800 points
Inidigo:
both Zaz and Sllew gave their roles up too easy for them to be the truth

Unless I'm missing something, neither of us have said our roles.

Memory bad. Will reread day 1 and 2 tomorrow and try to figure out what it is that you two think is sketch about CKP. Will also make an effort to form more opinions about people.
[50]sllewely; friend me on my four steam accounts as: sllewely, sllewely2, Thumbody, and Supersammydog

#90: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 am 
The Unknown
Level 5
As promised, I am coming back on Monday (technically Tuesday, I am 17 minutes late at least by my time zone).

Vote: Zaz

Our deadline is Wednesday. We should really aim to get a lynch done no later than the end of Tuesday.

Search for:
Jump to: