Popup Content
MOBA Mafia: Day 2
#1: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:56 am 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
Next Level: 1200 points
During the night some of you heard strange sounds of combat, abilities being thrown. You awoke thinking that you were back on the fields of battle. But you realize you are still in your retirement village. Saddened you shuffle to the town center, and notice one of your allies is lying there in a pool of his own blood. How you had never noticed that he had so many sharp teeth or such an emphasized spinal cord, you will never know.

You realize that Anonymity is dead!

A card lays by his body that says:

You are Lifestealer from Dota 2, and town. You don't get as hungry anymore, so you don't consume people or minions. However, you do still like to infest people from time to time, because it allows you to watch the goings on without others noticing. Each night, you may infest a person and watch who visits them during that particular night.

Live List:
1. Sllewely
2. CuteKittenPics
3. Zazaranth
4. Fanatic
5. Runic
6. Albino
7. Ind1g0
8. mala
9. Kachii
10. Downfell
11. CountCount

Disconnected:
1.Howdoiinternet - godmother
2.Anonymity - watcher

With 11 total in the game, majority vote is 6. Day will end randomly sometime Next wednesday, July 3rd.
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#2: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:15 pm 
Oh god why
Level 6
Total Points: 713 points
Next Level: 800 points
Wat. Mafia's kill makes no sense to me. My gut was that either Albino, Runic, or I would have been killed for being so vocal. I'll go back and re-read day 1 later :{

But this is still a lot of information!!

vote: CountCount

Many of the people who have joined this game are people who I play werewolf with IRL. Anonymity gets killed early on by mafia for being too damn good at the game. Therefore, along with CountCount, I also suspect Downfell, Kachii, and CuteKittenPics. I'll probably change my decision later after reading day1, but I chose CountCount for avoiding notice.

@Wliu: You should use a PM or message her on steam instead of posting in the mafia game. This part of the forum has been locked so you can't delete/edit your own posts.
[50]sllewely; friend me on my four steam accounts as: sllewely, sllewely2, Thumbody, and Supersammydog

#3: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:27 pm 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
i have deleted the post
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#4: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:28 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 16 points
Next Level: 20 points
That's a particularly suspicious claim to make, Sllewly, as we all known that Anonymity is in fact NOT remarkably good at the game, but a convenient figure who tell us whether it's mathematically feasible to kill the first day or not.

In fact, he is often killed early in the nights, but rarely provides any insight in further days if he survives.

So I disagree with your accusations and am actually more suspicious of you as a result.

If anyone from the list mentioned should be suspicious, I'd say CountCount and YOU are the only suspicious features. Downfell knows better, and Kachii probably doesn't know who is who.

My immediate suspicions lie on Sllewely and mayyybe CountCount until we have a more fruitful discussion going.

#5: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:42 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 18 points
So from what I understand. I am being called out by Sllewly for two reasons.

One: She knows me and my behavior IRL. I can't argue with her that Anonymity does get targeted early in almost every game; but I can say that out of the people that I trust in this game, Anonymity was the highest on that list. He was vocal and put forward extremely helpful information. He was one of the main supporters that made me change my thinking about No Lynching on the first day. I am actually quite surprised that Sllewly did not consider him to be vocal
(Sllewely)
Wat. Mafia's kill makes no sense to me. My gut was that either Albino, Runic, or I would have been killed for being so vocal.

I would like to point out that his longest post on day one was a very logical and persuasive argument against Zazaranth. Who was the the only other person being targeted at the end of Day 1.

Second: Sllewly says that I stayed under the radar for most of the first day. I just want to remind her that I was the largest proponent for the No Lynch and that is where the majority of my posts were. It was a mistake, granted, but it was still productive discussion.

Personally, I think that Anonimity's death had little to do with IRL interactions and a lot more to do with a perceived threat by the mafia. For that reason I am going to Vote: Zazaranth, who seemed to have the most to fear from Anonimity's continued presence.

#6: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:40 pm 
Oh god why
Level 6
CountCount:
He [Anonymity] was one of the main supporters that made me change my thinking about No Lynching on the first day. I am actually quite surprised that Sllewly did not consider him to be vocal

A psychological phenomena called frequency bias :(

Prior to this morning, I was feeling pretty damn good about Candy Vag being town or at the very least not mafia. Also still would be thrilled to see Zaz lynched. But I absolutely didn't anticipate Anonymity being night-killed.

This week, I need to write a draft of a research paper, so naturally I'm going to read parts of mafia day 1 instead. Specifically the stuff Anonymity wrote.

He began by successively voting for Kachii, CountCount, and Resaka/howdoiinternet then unvotes with this explanation:

Anon
I voted for the three people whom I know and who hadn't posted. If I'm going to random-vote people at unreasonable times of night, I might as well troll people I know aren't awake.

unvote

Considering the apathy behind these votes, I don't really think any of these people (or their friends) felt threatened. The first time he genuinely questions people's actions is here:

Anon:
Until then, I ask: why did Fanatic post just this afternoon as if we were still in the silly random vote phase?

Why is Sllew noting future availability troubles strange to CandyVag? Why do I feel dirty every time I type CandyVag?

Highlighting Fanatic and Candy Vag.

Zaz says he doesn't approve of the day extension.
Anon:
Until then, I ask: why did Fanatic post just this afternoon as if we were still in the silly random vote phase?

Why is Sllew noting future availability troubles strange to CandyVag? Why do I feel dirty every time I type CandyVag?

Anonymity cites a long discussion between Zaz and howdoiinternet and writes
Here, Zaz "misinterprets" HDII's argument about throwing suspicion as being only about votes. As shown, Zaz has actually thrown suspicion at Kachii and Indigo as well, but, finding no traction there, has decided to focus on the only other reasonable bandwagon target of the day. The only distortion going on here is in Zaz's post.

Annnd it actually looks like that long post (I omitted all but where he targets people) was his final post :(

He concludes by voting for Zaz.

In summary, Anon heavily targetted Zaz and then idly targetted Fanatic/CandyVag (and with even less weight: CountCount, Resaka, Kachii). It's absolutely absurd to me that a mafia consisting of Zaz would kill the person who soley targetted Zaz. Absolutely absurd. But it's really the only explanation for Anon being targeted IMO.

But CountCount has made a great point. Anon was vocal & had thought-out posts. I should re-read shit instead of trusting my goldfish memory.

I've read everything by Anon. I'm going to go back and re-read day 1 in its entirity, but for the time being:

vote: Zaz because I should stick to my guns when someone is firmly on my scumdar
[50]sllewely; friend me on my four steam accounts as: sllewely, sllewely2, Thumbody, and Supersammydog

#7: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:41 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 242 points
Next Level: 400 points
I would like to point out that I am highly trustworthy. Had I not changed my vote at the end of day 1, it would have been no-lynch for town. Instead, I threw down a thumper and was the deciding vote in killing a mafia member. If I was mafia, I would have done/said nothing or cast a useless vote for somebody else.

#8: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:01 pm 
The Unknown
Level 4
Total Points: 115 points
Next Level: 200 points
(downfell)
I would like to point out that I am highly trustworthy. Had I not changed my vote at the end of day 1, it would have been no-lynch for town. Instead, I threw down a thumper and was the deciding vote in killing a mafia member. If I was mafia, I would have done/said nothing or cast a useless vote for somebody else.

Actually, the act of doing that is completely common for mafia members. Especially since at least 3-4 other players had commented before Numbers closed the thread.

If you (as a mafia) saw that your teammate was dead to rights, NOT voting for him would make you a much more likely target than those who did, let alone the one who "thumpered."

On an unrelated note, the people who have to point out they're highly trustworthy, are normally those who are the furthest from it.

#9: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:35 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
If you look at the thread, the ideal strategy for a mafia member would have been to do nothing. Because the day was going to end at a random time, I had no way of knowing anybody would be back in the thread before the mod ended the day. Your point is valid in IRL mafia but does not really carry over here. Had I not voted, then I would have just been one of the many people who didn't vote.

#10: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:01 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
In fact, here's the list of people who voted for Resaka/Howdoiinternet, as compiled by the mod:http://www.50dkp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2192&start=105&p=33508#p33508

Albino/CandyVag, Zazaranth, Fanatic, Ind1go, Kachii, Runic, CountCount, Downfell

Here's the livelist on the top of this thread:

Live List:
1. Sllewely
2. CuteKittenPics

3. Zazaranth
4. Fanatic
5. Runic
6. Albino
7. Ind1g0
8. mala
9. Kachii
10. Downfell
11. CountCount

Absent more information, I am perfectly content to lynch somebody who did not vote to kill the mafia member. I believe I have bolded who is still alive but failed to do so. I am, at this point, fairly indifferent between the bolded options.

#11: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:36 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 19 points
Hi, sllew.

I just wanted you to know that I know.
And I'm going to see your pasta gargling ass nailed to the wall by the end of the day.
<3

#12: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:38 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 19 points
Whoops! Almost forgot!

vote: sllewely

Cheers!

#13: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:45 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 16 points
Re: Downfell
Lies. I started the pain train on HDII. It was by my logic that the majority of people voted to kill HDII. Other people were hesitant to even target HDII due to the mod's intervention during the day. Unless I'm a raving mad mafia that simply doesn't want to win, there is no rational reason for me as mafia to immediately target HDII.

I moved to vote for Zaz from there because he was a more active participant with a vast array of suspicious posts.

While I agree with downfell's position as 90% town 10% troll, his analysis only protects himself from suspicion and is hardly a reasonable basis for accusation.

If anything, nobody should suspect downfell, but suspicion, IMO, falls pretty randomly outside of that. My list is something like CountCount, Runic, Zaz, Sllew for obvious reasons. Beyond that I have no information.

Re: CandyVag
Explain?

More people should post. :O

#14: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:55 pm 
Oh god why
Level 6
@Downfell:

In this game, you can almost certainly count on at least one mafia member to have voted for howdoiinternet. A very common strategy is to jump on the bandwagon when your mafia buddy is certainly going to lynch. Then you can say, "I'm not mafia because I helped kill mafia!" For this reason, I typically expect more experienced (to forum mafia) players to not be the hammer but one of the ones close to the final vote.

@Cutekittenpics:

Another strategy is to vote for your suspect mafia buddy and then change votes for more or less the same reason.

@CandyVag:

You would do something like that.

#15: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:04 pm 
Dr. Neckbeard
Level 7
Total Points: 1172 points
(Runic)
(downfell)
On an unrelated note, the people who have to point out they're highly trustworthy, are normally those who are the furthest from it.

^

Couldn't agree with Runic more on this. Simply claiming that is enough to make me begin to be weary of Downfell, but not enough to warrant me calling a vote on him, though.

(CANDY VAG)
Hi, sllew.

I just wanted you to know that I know.
And I'm going to see your pasta gargling ass nailed to the wall by the end of the day.
<3

Also, looks like it's getting Miami heated in here. :3 I'm still flattered Slew has such a hard-on for seeing me on the chopping block. Makes me blush anytime I see my name up there on her posts! ;*

No vote from me yet, I want to see some more people start talking!
:3

January 21st, 2012 - The Day I Met Fanatic. Never forget.
Battle buddies :3

Search for:
Jump to: