Popup Content
The Rules
#1: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:05 am 
The King of Space
Level 10
Total Points: 2874 points
Next Level: 9999 points
Hey guys. We've operated a long time with no official ruleset, but I've been thinking it's about time to put something together officially, just so we can be coming from the same square one here when problems arise.

Global Rules
1) Respect Others: Being a dick to other people is not cool. Don't do it. I don't care if you think you're gods gift to TF2, or the Forums, or whatever you're doing. Don't go trashing other people, it makes the community look bad, and it makes you look worse.

2) Be Mature: Starting a drama-fight or being perpetually thin-skinned just ends up making everyone sick and tired of you. If you're pointing fingers everywhere and crying that everyone is picking on you all the time, you're probably the problem, and will be treated as such.

Forum Rules
1) Stay on topic: There are threads like 'the random thread' for a reason. Please try to stay on topic and not turn a thread into another random thread.

2) Don't Spam: Spamming posts looks stupid as hell, and doesn't add any value to anything. Make your posts pointful.

Game Server Rules
1) No Cheating, Exploiting, or Hacking: Period. Don't try to toe the line on this one or you may end up banned without warning.

TeamSpeak Rules
1) Respect Others Privacy: If people go off into a private channel to relax, don't go hunting them down. If you really feel the need to hop in on some others who seem like they're having a private conversation, ask politely when you enter if it is OK.

Non-Rules
Below are a few things that we do *not* have specific rules against, with explanations as to why we don't have them.

1) Racism/Sexism/Other 'isms: These things should not require a special rule, and in fact having one just makes certain words extra taboo and more potent for people to say. If someone is being an asshole, that should be covered in General Rule #1, regardless of how they're doing it.

2) Swearing/Harsh Language: This community is aimed at adults and those who are mature. Swearing is a perfectly normal part of life. While we don't encourage you to turn into a total pirate, there's nothing wrong with using expletives where appropriate.

3) Spawn Camping/Team Stacking/etc.: All of these kinds of rules are exceedingly vague, and often are double-edged swords: Spawn camping is unpleasant for one team, but is part of any competitive game. Team stacking is unpleasant for one side, but rigorous defense against it can stop friends from playing together. In general, these kinds of rules admins are allowed to enforce on a case-by-case basis, but we do not maintain as hard rules.

#2: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:50 am 
The Duce of Italy
Level 6
Total Points: 737 points
Next Level: 800 points
Finally it's written in stone! people need to stop team stacking! A few people in particular. I know that there are plenty of situations where random team select stacks teams, but when you ask every one pre round to go on a certain team that's not okay. Also you can see if they selected a team or if they clicked random team. It's not that hard to check the score board to see what team everyone is on, then selecting a team. One question though, how would I deal with this as a limited admin? Can limited admins be granted the power of forcing teams? Do full admins even have it? Apparently I can't count, that was way more than one. What ever \_('-')_/
some bridges need to be burned, no matter what's on the other side.

#3: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:56 am 
The Unknown
Level 6
Total Points: 417 points
I believe as a limited admin you can scramble teams. You have a few different options as to how you want the teams scrambled.
Also known as Cheeky Motherfucker.

#4: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:09 am 
The Duce of Italy
Level 6
Total Points: 737 points
(Wily Bandito)
I believe as a limited admin you can scramble teams. You have a few different options as to how you want the teams scrambled.

I think it would be much better if I was able to force teams to the offenders. As we all know, scramble can be very unreliable.
some bridges need to be burned, no matter what's on the other side.

#5: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:15 am 
The King of Space
Level 10
Dudeer, you may want to read closer. The bit about team stacking is specifically under the 'Non Rules' section, as in, we don't have a rule against it. Admins can run scrambles, etc. if they feel the need, but I do not expect (or want) to see the issue forced heavily.

#6: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:27 am 
The Forever Man
Level 6
Total Points: 568 points
I think in regards to the stacking teams if you join in with people you like that's fine but if it auto balances you or scrambles and you just d/c and reconnect to stack the teams that feels like an exploit : P

You should put a copy of this on the 'About' page lunar

#7: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:40 am 
Dr. Neckbeard
Level 7
Total Points: 1172 points
Next Level: 1200 points
In regards to teamspeak, you can always double click someone's name and start a chat with them so you can ask if it is okay to hop into their channel!
:3

January 21st, 2012 - The Day I Met Fanatic. Never forget.
Battle buddies :3

#8: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:43 am 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 260 points
Next Level: 400 points
Is it ok to call people out if they start using cursing to insult other people?

#9: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:09 pm 
The King of Space
Level 10
(Tampashrew)
Is it ok to call people out if they start using cursing to insult other people?

Because they're using swears? No, because they're being asshats? yes.

Also, I made the subtext for the not rules section bright red and emphasized the 'NOT' in the text. Please read the full rules, before I have to start helping people to some reading rainbow.

#10: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 pm 
The Bagel Monster
Level 7
Total Points: 1007 points
Next Level: 1200 points
There should be a way of making this post visible on the home page. So that people can get to it more easily and see them stated. All I have to say, since now the rules are written in stone, is this is going to help us manage the troublemakers out there.

#11: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:17 pm 
The Noseless One
Level 6
Total Points: 499 points
What about those people who are vote kicking people randomly and automatically disconnect from the server to not get caught? I can name one person now who has done that.
The Silent Assassin
Tumblr: http://lawdvawldawmawrt.tumblr.com/

#12: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:39 pm 
The King of Space
Level 10
The person getting votekicked is d/cing? Not much difference then, as the kick is just a kick (not ban). Feel free to let one of the admins know though if you see people being problematic.

#13: Re: The Rules
Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:51 pm 
Oh god why
Level 6
Total Points: 713 points
(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)
What about those people who are vote kicking people randomly and automatically disconnect from the server to not get caught? I can name one person now who has done that.

Ugh. That's explicitly wrong. If this happens, and I'm online, absolutely contact me. I do not mind being bothered to ban someone with that kind of immaturity.
[50]sllewely; friend me on my four steam accounts as: sllewely, sllewely2, Thumbody, and Supersammydog

#14: Re: The Rules
Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 am 
The King of Space
Level 10
Added a 'New Users?' widget for unregistered users when visiting the site which includes a link to the rules (this topic) and the registration page.

Also updated the 'About' page to be a little more generic for the text (so it doesn't require updating) and add a link to the rules. Also improved some of the automated credits stuff.

#15: Re: The Rules
Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 pm 
The Unknown
Level 3
Total Points: 78 points
Next Level: 100 points
Yeah, some servers have rules against swearing; I think its stupid, glad we dont.

Search for:
Jump to: