:3
~Wliu

#107: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:45 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
We now have a Surf server because Halolas wanted one. IP is ff2.50dkp.com:27045 (or stock.50dkp.com:27045, whichever one suits you). Comp will be coming back up soon(TM).

In addition, I've made a few changes to the automated Minecraft update process.
Improvements:
* It actually works now
* The server now actually gets updated to the latest Minecraft version
* The server jar will no longer be deleted without a replacement, preventing the server from starting up (has to do with the fix above)
The server is still updated every Tuesday at 2am.
~Wliu

#108: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:28 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Sourcemod has been updated on the TF2 servers to solve crashes/server instability/map issues after the 6/11/2015 TF2 update.
~Wliu

#109: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Fixed a problem with the FF2 and Surf servers where they were (almost always) mutually exclusive in the server browser. One would spontaneously disappear and be replaced by the other and then eventually flip-flop due to them sharing the same Steam server ID. Surf has now been updated with a new, separate ID.
~Wliu

#110: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:44 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Surf is still having some issues with its game server ID, however (mainly that it refuses to recognize that the ID exists inside the config and won't attempt to login with it). Shouldn't affect anything since it's not on Quickplay anyway.
~Wliu

#111: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:43 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Servers have been updated for Gunmettle.
~Wliu

#112: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:00 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
All TF2 servers are down, no ETA.
~Wliu
Last edited by Wliu on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TF2 only

#113: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:16 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Servers are back up.
~Wliu

#114: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:49 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Stripper:Source has been updated on FF2 so that it works again.
~Wliu

#115: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:48 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
This is going to be a fairly long post.

Some of you may have noticed that the servers were going down more than usual in the past few months. This was because the remote server kept running out of disk space (it had been hovering at >90% ever since July-ish), and whenever a TF2 update landed the TF2 servers wouldn't have enough room to update and therefore crash. Once this happened I had to go in manually each time, find some things to delete, then start the servers back up. As time went on, it got harder for me to delete things since everything I could have deleted was already gone.

The Invasion update (a 2GB update I believe?) was basically a very large wake-up call that something was very wrong with the remote server, so today I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what exactly was filling up all the disk space. Eventually I discovered that the Minecraft server was constantly making backup copies of its world and never deleting the old ones (there were backups from January, when the server was first reinstalled). I immediately deleted all of the outdated ones, and now we're only using 27% of the total disk space. Woo!

So what does that mean?
* All TF2 servers (Stock, FF2, Surf) are back up and running after a week
* The Minecraft server should be playable again (the world couldn't be saved previously, so there really wasn't any point)
* Considering that 3 TF2 servers and one Minecraft server only use up 27% of the total disk space, this means that theoretically we could have a total of 12 TF2 servers and 4 Minecraft servers running
* A cleanup script is desperately needed to clean up outdated files, since the same thing that was happening to the Minecraft server was also happening to the TF2 servers (but text files are much, much smaller than worlds)
^EDIT: Done! :D
~Wliu

#116: Re: Official Server Updates Thread
Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:41 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
FF2 and Surf have been updated to fix crashes after the Halloween update.

Also...
3 new TF2 event servers have been added. They're currently labeled Halloween #1, #2, and #3 and the IPs are ff2.50dkp.com:27065, :27075, and :27085. #1 is running all Halloween maps while #2 and #3 only run the new ones from this year.
~Wliu

Search for:
Jump to: