MOBA Mafia: Day 2
#16: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 242 points
Next Level: 400 points
@Downfell:

In this game, you can almost certainly count on at least one mafia member to have voted for howdoiinternet. A very common strategy is to jump on the bandwagon when your mafia buddy is certainly going to lynch. Then you can say, "I'm not mafia because I helped kill mafia!" For this reason, I typically expect more experienced (to forum mafia) players to not be the hammer but one of the ones close to the final vote.

Okay, fine, but I feel better about those who did than those who did not.

Re: Downfell
Lies. I started the pain train on HDII. It was by my logic that the majority of people voted to kill HDII. Other people were hesitant to even target HDII due to the mod's intervention during the day. Unless I'm a raving mad mafia that simply doesn't want to win, there is no rational reason for me as mafia to immediately target HDII.

I have to reread day 1. Assuming this checks out, I am content with leaving you alone for now. I am potentially fine with even lynching somebody who did vote for hdii, I just want the non-voters eo explain themselves.

#17: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm 
Dr. Neckbeard
Level 7
Total Points: 1172 points
Next Level: 1200 points
Whoops, my quote got super messed up. the "^

Couldn't agree with Runic more on this. Simply claiming that is enough to make me begin to be weary of Downfell, but not enough to warrant me calling a vote on him, though."

was supposed to be outside of quote box. D:
:3

January 21st, 2012 - The Day I Met Fanatic. Never forget.
Battle buddies :3

#18: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:02 am 
The Unknown
Level 5
I will resist the temptation to point fingers right back at those who are accusing me. I maintain it would be a terrible play for a mafia member to be the deciding vote to lynch a mafia member when the day could end at any day (hence no lynch) when simply staying silent was an option that would not have drawn any attention at all.

I want to hear from mala who appeared to be suspicious of hdii but did not end up voting for him. Why not?

#19: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 pm 
The Unknown
Level 4
Total Points: 115 points
Next Level: 200 points
(downfell)
when simply staying silent was an option that would not have drawn any attention at all.

I want to hear from mala who appeared to be suspicious of hdii but did not end up voting for him. Why not?

So you're saying, that mala, who stayed silent and let the day end without voting is someone to focus your attention on, but in your very own example, if "a mafia member" had stayed silent and didn't hammer, they wouldn't have drawn any attention at all? How the bloody hell does that make sense?

#20: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:41 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Your perception of inconsistency baffles me. I say it would have been an optimum play for a mafia member to let the day pass and hope it ended before town could lynch someone. I have focused my attention on somebody who did in fact let the day pass without making a productive vote.

Had I let the day pass without a vote, it appears that it would not have drawn any attention. This thread has been up for over 24 hours and, aside from me, nobody seems to care how anybody voted in day one. Why is that?

#21: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:05 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 16 points
Next Level: 20 points
This thread has been up for over 24 hours and, aside from me, nobody seems to care how anybody voted in day one. Why is that?

By and large, you've pretty much explained the thrust of the voting dynamics in day 1, except for 1 thing. It seems Anonymity did not vote for HDII, yet was lynched. I don't really understand the logic behind that kill. Unfortunately without knowing the players better, I can't make any conclusions as to who WOULD kill Anonymity based only on his posts and voting record. Many of the voters of HDII or myself would have been better targets without further knowledge.

Just to sum up the current series of suspicions.
Downfell suspects mala, sllewely, probably runic, and maybe still me.
Runic/Zaz suspect downfell it seems
Sllewely suspects Zaz
I suspect Zaz followed by people who haven't posted followed by everyone. The only person I give a pass is downfell.
CountCount voted Zaz
Vag voted Sllewely with a cryptic message
mala, kachii, and ind1go have not weighed in -- perfects to attempt what failed day 1 and fly under the radar?

Maybe it will work. My primary suspicion is on Zaz for his inability to defend himself, habit of attempting to deflect suspicion, and follower mentality on votes/suspecting people.

vote Zazaranth

#22: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
but in your very own example, if "a mafia member" had stayed silent and didn't hammer, they wouldn't have drawn any attention at all? How the bloody hell does that make sense

Forgot to point out the hilarious logic fail of this statement. It needed more emphasis for the silly, confused accusation it is.

#23: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:23 pm 
The Unknown
Level 4
Vote: CKP (CuteKittenPics)
First and for most, never, ever, openly try to assume what or who I, or for that matter anyone suspect. It is the worst possible thing (IMHO) you could do in forum mafia. You basically just gave everyone in the game a stance they can hide behind, without having to actually say the words themselves.

Say for instance Zaz gets lynched today, turns up mafia, and Sllew didn't vote for him. You just mentioned to everyone, that Sllew probably suspects Zaz, and she didn't have to say a word.

Second, you called me silly and confused. That in and of itself is worth watching you swing.

#24: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 18 points
I think Downfell believes that no one else would have been willing to drop the hammer on the final day besides from him.

#25: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
(CountCount)
I think Downfell believes that no one else would have been willing to drop the hammer on the final day besides from him.

This is not the case. At the risk of repeating what everybody should know, we knew the date the day would end, but not the time. Therefore, if I was a mafia member and saw that there were seven votes for a mafia member, I would have not been in the thread at all. I would have been hoping for mafia to get lucky and for the mod to end the day with no lynch. Because I am town and believe a lynch is better than no lynch, I went with the only feasible option and voted for hdii. Nobody else did in fact vote after me, so but for my actions a mafia member would not have been lynched.* This sequence of events makes no sense if I am a member of the mafia.

I have more initial suspicion for those who did not vote to lynch hdii, but am willing to be talked into lynching somebody who did vote to lynch hdii. Of the people who did not vote for hdii, I am tentatively satisfied with ckp's explanation; having reread the thread, I feel a bit better about what he said (if not his vote). Still waiting on slew and mala.

*I suppose you could argue that had I not voted, somebody else might have gotten in before the window, but that individual did not bother to vote because I did. This strikes me as unlikely, but you never know.

#26: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:48 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Say for instance Zaz gets lynched today, turns up mafia, and Sllew didn't vote for him. You just mentioned to everyone, that Sllew probably suspects Zaz, and she didn't have to say a word.

Sllewely currently has a vote for Zaz. I did not speculate when I took from direct quotes from people.

You either have (1) an inability to read posts, (2) an incorrigible suspicion of basic logic, and/or (3) slavering mafia tendencies. That's just silly.

You have yet to weigh-in on the person with currently 3/6 votes, but instead on someone who is effectively confirmed town (downfell) or me, who started the mob on HDII when others shied away from it.

#27: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:50 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Sllewely: vote: Zaz because I should stick to my guns when someone is firmly on my scumdar

Yeah we're not sure if Sllewely suspects Zaz, but now I gave her an alibi!

#28: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:20 pm 
The Unknown
Level 4
Clearly, if you take my for instance, and don't take it as a for instance, instead, basing off the information already in the game. It'd be easy to find it false. I specifically used Sllew and Zaz, BECAUSE she had already voted for him.

On your second post, Sllewely is not the only person you tried to sum up, I even made a point of prioritizing the fact you tried to put words into MY mouth.

I have in no shape or form claimed that I am suspicious of Downfell. Countering the points he makes is not my way of saying, "Oh god he must be mafia," it is my way of saying I don't agree with his logic.

I'm having a hard time determining whether you are a complete idiot or just have the inability to read.

#29: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:23 pm 
Oh god why
Level 6
Total Points: 713 points
Next Level: 800 points
Day 1 votes:

hdii (by mala) -- later rescinded
hdii (by ckp) -- later recinded
zaz (by sllew)
zaz (by indigo) -- later rescinded
hdii (by candy vag)
hdii (by zaz)
hdii (by fanatic)
zaz (by runic) -- later recinded
zaz (by hdii)

Page 6 votecount:
Votecount:

Cute Kitten Pics: Downfell
Resaka/Howdoiinternet: Cutekittenpics, Albino/CandyVag, Zazaranth, Fanatic
Zazaranth: Sllewely, Ind1go, Howdoiinternet
No Lynch: Kachii

zaz (by ckp)
zaz (by anon)
hdii (by indigo)
hdii (by kachii)
hdii (by runic)
hdii (by countcount)
hdii (by downfell)

Final votecount:
Resaka/Howdoiinternet: Albino/CandyVag, Zazaranth, Fanatic, Ind1go, Kachii, Runic, CountCount, Downfell
Zazaranth: Sllewely, Ind1go, Howdoiinternet, CKP, Anonymity

Considering how shitty day 1 ended, I'm a little perplexed by your (Downfell) expectation that the people who didn't vote for howdoiinternet defend themselves. Throughout the later half of the day, both Zaz and HDII were gaining momentum. Candy Vag largely pushed for HDII's lynch because HDII didn't request for a day extension. More importantly, HDII completely dropped out of the game. Interestingly, Zaz ACTUALLY argued AGAINST extending the day. Why did I not join what seemed to be an unsubstantiated bandwagon of hysteria? I would be EXTREMELY UNSURPRISED to see mafia hop onto one of the final few votes, if not the FINAL vote. I would also be UNSURPRISED to see at least one mafia vote at any point in time on HDII that was not accompanied by an enthusiastic push. For example, kachii, indigo, fanatic, etc.

I cite day 1 for my vote on Zaz and reasons I"ve already explained in day 1. Zaz is the most obviously sketch, most notably for discouraging a day extension at a time when it looked like no one was going to get lynched. Obviously scum.

I encourage all of the people who haven't contributed yet to speak up and lay down your suspicions!
[50]sllewely; friend me on my four steam accounts as: sllewely, sllewely2, Thumbody, and Supersammydog

#30: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 2
Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:35 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Sllew, I am not saying we should definitely lynch somebody who voted the "wrong" way. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking people to explain themselves, as I have done.

You have persuaded me in re Zaz, and this is the key piece of evidence:

I cite day 1 for my vote on Zaz and reasons I"ve already explained in day 1. Zaz is the most obviously sketch, most notably for discouraging a day extension at a time when it looked like no one was going to get lynched. Obviously scum.

The dearly departed Anonymity summed up Zaz's posts in the last thread, so I will just link to that. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2192&start=90&p=33475#p33475

vote: Zaz

Search for:
Jump to: