Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:40 pm 
Oh god why
Level 6
Total Points: 713 points
Next Level: 800 points
(Runic)
(Zazaranth)
(kachii213)
Forgive me my dear, that i was more busy planing out a strategy on how to find and kill the ones who killed numbers, rather then worrying about you sorry lot. We should be Hunting down The two bastards rather then standing here at the town center fighting among ourselves. I <b> Vote: none </b> for i feel no need to mindlessly Kill those who have yet to anger me.

Slew, this doesn't come off as sketch to you at all? The lurking was a bit odd, but, even so, this just reads awkward and out of the norm. It's almost a bit too out there for me to believe the intentions are rightfully just.

I'm tempted to change my vote, but, I want to see how these actions play out a bit. :}

I'll be blatantly truthful on this one, I didn't quite catch that vote for what it is. I thought of it more as a vote clear, vs a no lynch vote. Should it actually BE a no lynch vote then I would quite easily consider it the "most sketch" action of the day thus far. Vote: Kachii

Kachii is on my radar, but I think if I were to sequence my suspicions, it would be something more like this:

least scum => most scum
kachii => runic => zaz
for my top three, and everyone else gets an honorable mention because I'm pretty uncertain right now.

Both of the people who voted no lynch (countcount and kachii) I know to be new. They've played real life werewolf (with real werewolves!) but the lynching system worked differently, and sometimes it was feasible to no lynch. However, I want to stress that in forum mafia, it's generally a bad idea to skip town's only source of early game knowledge -- the lynch.

We get a lot of information not just from the role reveal but also from the vote history. So I'd like to see a little more momentum. I would like to hear everyone's top suspicions.
[50]sllewely; friend me on my four steam accounts as: sllewely, sllewely2, Thumbody, and Supersammydog

#62: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:58 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 16 points
Next Level: 20 points
MY intentions where for a No vote, but after hearing things out i am understanding that a no vote would most likely not be the best course of action. I am accustom to large games of werewolf where we have a town of 15-30 people at the start of the game. Still honestly do not have a idea of who to vote for. And until that point most of the chatter had mostly been just willy nilly votes to kill. At the moment im leaning towards Candy vag, or CuteKittenPics, simply for there eagerness to kill.

#63: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:32 am 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 18 points
Information is great. I remain skeptical of the effectiveness of killing on the first day. We decrease our numbers with a small chance of success, and the odds of a killer revealing themselves in the voting process is really small as well. If the rest of the town does not agree with me though, I will wait until more information is revealed. If prompted I would still say that I am most weary of CuteKittenPics and Candy Vag who are both too frivolous with their accusations. Unvote: No Kill

#64: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:38 am 
The Unknown
Level 1
If you think my accusation is frivolous, then I suggest you open your eyes The only reason the mod would mod-kill and then REPLACE that person is because their role is important to the function of the game in some manner. For example, in a game of 15 people -- 3-4 mafia members, losing a mafia member is devastating.

I think it's logical to suspect the new guy, howdoiinternet, most heavily of all people given the information we have gathered thus far (i.e. none). Hence, I stand with my vote, and suggest we move to vote so we don't end the day with an accidental no-kill.

Additionally, I disagree vehemently with any no-kill vote. We have no idea how many mafia members are amongst us, or how many of you young people are simply homicidal vigilantes or somesuch thing. I don't think people who are voting no-kill are necessarily doing it out of any malice towards the town, but because you're green behind the ears or are outrageously optimistic in this cataclysmic time.

If this analysis gets me concrete boots tonight, so be it. My life has been long, and I've always wanted to die in the drink (lol alcohol pun).

So I reiterate my vote howdoiinternet.

#65: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:30 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 19 points
(CuteKittenPics)
The only reason the mod would mod-kill and then REPLACE that person is because their role is important to the function of the game in some manner.

IIRC metagaming is, at the very least, frowned upon. That said, if it's out in the open, I'll admit that I agree with you. I'm not going to try especially hard to read numbers' intent, (and hopefully this isn't mod-kill-worthy) but Resaka/howdoiinternet's reappearance does suggest to me that there's something important about him.

That said, he could very well be a town-crucial role... which is why I was hoping this would slip under the radar.

On the subject of kill/no-kill:
While I'm aware that some players are new / come from a similar sort of game, it's a very well established fact in mafia that no-lynch days are generally a bad idea.
ESPECIALLY on day 1.

The basic idea (feel free to expand/correct me, Runic/sllew) is that not only does town lack any killing power outside of lynching, we also lack any information gathering powers (outside of lynching). Again this is information for town as a whole, power roles like cops and vigilantes don't factor in, they're bonus but can die before getting their utility out, or might not even exist.
The only way town reliably gets information is by looking back at who voted for whom, and what discussions went on each day.

The mafia, on the other hand, already knows who they want to kill. Anybody who is not one of them. They might not know who's the most important, but they have a huge head start on the rest of us.

Voting no-lynch on day one means we pretty much start with the same situation on day two... except one of us is already dead. If we lynched someone, we at least have a baseline to start discussion and can start figuring out why people voted the way they did. If an innocent person died, there's a good chance there's at least part of the mafia in the voting pool. The times people jumped on, the reasons they give... all this becomes part of how town wins.

I want to stress again, this is a very well-established precedent. Most of us who have played before also started out the same way. It seems like a bad idea to kill someone off when you aren't really sure of anything... but in the end it's the only way to actually move forwards.

This is why you're seeing people getting suspicious of people who vote no-lynch... because even if it's not malicious, it's a strategy that favors the mafia... and it would be easy for mafia to decide in group chat, "you're new, people will forgive you, just argue for a no-lynch and see if we can get a free kill in before day 2."

I've extended leniency, and will do my best to explain further if necessary, but after this, for the above reason, anyone pushing hard for a no-lynch will become more and more suspicious in my eyes.

#66: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:32 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 10 points
Ow my head. I too had far more wine last night than one should, hence my late arrival. I would hate to ever be late to a dinner party at cutekitten's, for who knows the accusations that would fly. There are important townies too, and we should not wrongly infer any more information one way or the other based on my tardiness. I find Anon's earlier actions quite peculiar

#67: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
Next Level: 1200 points
Votecount:

Cute Kitten Pics: Downfell
Indigo: Fanatic
Resaka/Howdoiinternet: Cutekittenpics
Zazaranth: Sllewely
Sllewely: Albino, Zazaranth
Kachii: Runic
No Lynch: Kachii

Day ends sometime randomly on Wednesday, 6/19. It takes 8 as a majority to lynch.
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#68: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 am 
Oh god why
Level 6
@All, without quoting Candy's giant block of text, I want to second the sentiment. There are a few principles that have really been drilled into me from playing mafia with this crowd (and the extension of this crowd) that I sometimes take for granted, but I'll make the effort to detail them a little.

Town wants a lynch to happen day 1. I'm actually super anxious because most (all?) games I've played, we've been told when the day will end. Numbers has made a point of not telling us, so it could end at any moment. Also, pretty much all games I have played, the village is collectively reluctant to make the lynch... so I'm pretty pessimistic about the outcome of the day. :{ It's also important that a lynch gets enough momentum with enough time for the lynchee-to-be to have a defense and role claim.

Note also that all new people who have voted for a no-lynch may have experienced mafia buddies telling them that they can get away with it under the guise of innocence/ignorance.

Towns never lie! Only town is mislead; mafia's bottom line is that you're not mafia, so any misdirection only hurts town. An extension of this is that when we catch someone in a lie, it's generally safe to assume they're mafia.

Note that in mafia (but not in werewolf) there may exist a town role which can track someone and see who they visited at night. If a town cop (seer) claims to be a vanilla townie yet visits someone, town will try to lynch you :{

Annnd finally, don't try to outguess the moderator. Although I think a better way to understand this is that whatever mafia game Numbers creates is not a typical mafia game :] and therefore don't fall into the trap of making lazy assumptions.

I honestly thought it was clever of kittypics to make the observation about Numbers replacing a probably important role, but it makes me uncomfortable to trust this information :{ Or to think it means mafia.

That was a lot. I'm sleepy. I apologize for the long and poorly written post :{ I have one more to make
[50]sllewely; friend me on my four steam accounts as: sllewely, sllewely2, Thumbody, and Supersammydog

#69: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:20 am 
Oh god why
Level 6
I feel like Fanatic has slipped under our radars (or at least mine), and it alarms me. I still feel like Zaz is the most sketch. I need town to start being more aggressive about votes and reaching agreements :{ Otherwise we're pretty much forfeiting to mafia

#70: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:40 am 
The Unknown
Level 1
Re: Slewelly
Numbers said just above you: "Day ends sometime randomly on Wednesday, 6/19. It takes 8 as a majority to lynch."

I generally feel we should come to a consensus vote on someone before the end of the day. Without any particularly compelling evidence to direct at someone else, howdoiinternet is my first target. I am apathetic to the final target as long as there's better reasoning than mine.

As for meta-gaming. As I once said long ago (and was misquoted!): when life gives you lemonades, ferment'em and make limoncello. If God rains down little bits of information from the skies, you make use of them relentlessly and shamelessly. On the fields of Summoners Rift, the Arena, or the field of the Ancients, you take every advantage given to you, be is orb-walking, jungle-leashing, or smite-stealing.

Sllewely has an astute point about Fanatic slipping under the radar. He didn't even come to the tavern to visit after he checked in. I had a mug of ale sitting out for him...

#71: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:42 am 
The Unknown
Level 1
Lemons, yes I said lemonades. Shhh

#72: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:59 am 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 271 points
Next Level: 400 points
Going back over the records, I do have a decision to make.
Vote: Zazaranth
I happen to agree with Slewelly's assessment of Zaz, being suspicious as hell when he jumped on a vote after she (Slewelly) made a remark about someone's uninformed-ness about Albino-Candy Vag...
however I do notice that Fanatic (even while role-playing) very quickly jumped to lynch me. (he's [now] number 2 on my suspect list)
My brother wants to make KITTENS!

#73: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 19 points
vote: howdoiinternet

I'd like to hear more from him. I'd also like him to request a day extension, as numbers said he's able to.

#74: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:43 pm 
Dr. Neckbeard
Level 7
Total Points: 1172 points
Next Level: 1200 points
unvote: sllewely
vote: howdoiinternet

I don't approve of the day extension. That doesn't fly with me.
I should vote for Indigo just because he's trying to get in good with slew, but I'm not that petty, haha. Oh well, fuck it. Votes.
:3

January 21st, 2012 - The Day I Met Fanatic. Never forget.
Battle buddies :3

#75: Re: MOBA Mafia: Day 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:09 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 204 points
Next Level: 400 points
I've only been quiet to let the town unfold and discuss. I made my vote earlier based on my own experiences. Plus, the opinions of the other townfolk agree with my own. I.E. the lynch/no-lynch debate, which I agree with Lynching. Even if there is an innocent killed, that increases the chances of next round getting a mafia member.

I question the alibi of CuteKitten's and howdoiinternet's dinner parties. I've not heard of these before and I am offended that I have not been invited to one as of this time. If they are true, why would cutekitten vote for the one that chats with them over the course of a meal. I suspect the two have fallen out of their get togethers and internet is lying about being late for it and a night of drinking on their own!

Unvote:Indigo
Vote: howdoiinternet
January 21st, 2012 - The Day I Met Zazaranth. Never forget.
Happy early Birthday to you my friend!
My Scorehero Accomplishment Thread

Search for:
Jump to: