Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
Total Points: 1197 points
Next Level: 1200 points
(PenguinBond)
(Kairen Bellatorus)
(PenguinBond)
I'm just going to through this out there. No Mo' Creatures. Please.

Why do you say that?

It's hard to explain. You get a feeling of no progress whatsoever.

Ah okay. :)

#17: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
Total Points: 593 points
Next Level: 800 points
Might I add:

The more complicated things get, the less likely people are to stay. The ONLY exception to this rule is that there's already a HUGE community behind it (think 60-100 players online).

In THEORY, anything mentioned would work beautifully. In REALITY, most minecraft players will do anything to cheat the system.
Bro.
Fight me.

#18: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
Alright so Raxyn, Peakay, and myself had a very long conversation today in the shoutbox about what we could and wanted to do with the Vanilla server.
Raxyn brought up factions and since both Peakay and I associate that with PVP, we were kinda hesitant. Eventually Raxyn won me over. He wanted more of a "Balls to the walls all out war" kind of deal. I personally want a bit more organized.
Peakay suggested some things but was mostly incoherent therefore: Nope. >->

My ideas from level of chaos and severity are as follows:

1: Players can create factions and all of the normal faction things will apply. There will be designated and controlled areas where factions can go to war and players can PVP. All other areas will be safe. Players can also make their OWN PVP areas and they can ask an admin to enable PVP in that area.

2: Players can create factions and all of the normal faction things will apply. There will be designated areas where players can factions can go to war and players can PVP. All other areas will be safe. Player factions can declare war against other factions and designate areas as war zones where PVP will be enabled between them and enemy factions only (something like that.)

3: Players can create factions and all of the normal faction things will apply. There will be designated safe areas where PVP will be disabled for everyone. All other areas are PVP enabled.

#19: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
(Kairen)
Players can also make their OWN PVP areas and they can ask an admin to enable PVP in that area.

Hasn't this already been enabled in the Store?
~Wliu

#20: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(Wliu)
(Kairen)
Players can also make their OWN PVP areas and they can ask an admin to enable PVP in that area.

Hasn't this already been enabled in the Store?

Yup. But I think you'd be forced to protect the land if you bought it from the store. I don't know. I might make it to where your faction has to have a certain amount of power, or Lunar can edit the option that's already there. We'll see. :)

#21: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
Since there's really been no feedback as to what I plan on doing with the Vanilla server, I'm going to go with option 3
Factions, safe areas, some basic kits, and some other things to set it apart from other faction PVP servers. As Peakay said, they are really a dime a dozen. So we'll most likely have an economy of sorts and other things such as some of my personal favorite stuff (Better Dungeons Mod and other things). We'll see.

Edit: I'm also considering adding some plugin that adds a wanted system of sorts.

#22: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:10 pm 
The Emotionless
Level 5
Total Points: 310 points
Next Level: 400 points
I have been thinking of an idea to add the Extra Biomes XL mod. This does give more resources and whatnot. Going along with the faction thing, people can select a biome to build there base in. When they feel ready to fight, they can go to another biome with other players/faction and ask an admin to enable PVP. Kind of like world conquest, first player to capture all the territories with people in them win. The faction/PVP/greifing thing is very common, but with the Extra Biomes thing... :?:
"Maybe it's hollow." - Sennin 2014

#23: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:07 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
(Sennin)
I have been thinking of an idea to add the Extra Biomes XL mod. This does give more resources and whatnot. Going along with the faction thing, people can select a biome to build there base in. When they feel ready to fight, they can go to another biome with other players/faction and ask an admin to enable PVP. Kind of like world conquest, first player to capture all the territories with people in them win. The faction/PVP/greifing thing is very common, but with the Extra Biomes thing... :?:

So this has been long delayed but it looks like Vanilla is now legitimately a dead server. Meaning we only have a tekkit server (for now at least).
Bro.
Fight me.

#24: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:08 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
O.o Dead? Bro, you've left the server down for a long time now. Haven't made any attempts to actually restart the server either.
Just as well you haven't made any attempts to change anything on there to increase the popularity of the server.

#25: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:11 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
(Kairen Bellatorus)
O.o Dead? Bro, you've left the server down for a long time now. Haven't made any attempts to actually restart the server either.
Just as well you haven't made any attempts to change anything on there to increase the popularity of the server.

It's not that, it's a billing issue with Embercore that results in the server being billed twice. Lunar doesn't want to deal with it I guess.

And chewing through ideas yourself is hard, implementing them even harder.
Bro.
Fight me.

#26: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
Aaahh, okay. Well, I apologize for blaming you.

As for ideas, I have to agree. Just on the entire shabang. I've had more than one person come to me and ask if they could be a Minecraft/Tekkit admin, so don't think you're doing any of this alone. :)

#27: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm 
The King of Space
Level 10
Total Points: 2874 points
Next Level: 9999 points
Yeah, I decided to shut out the Vanilla server. After multiple failed attempts by Embercore to resolve the issues with Billing/etc. I've decided it best to just kill it. It's *supposed* to have been up the past 2 weeks according to them. >:|

Search for:
Jump to: