Popup Content
Minecraft Is Floundering
#1: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:01 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
Total Points: 1197 points
Next Level: 1200 points

Okay so if you've played on our Vanilla Minecraft server you've obviously realized that it's player count is floundering. Big time.

As I see it Vanilla is pretty boring. You get your diamonds, make a base, kill the Enderdragon, and maybe even the wither boss. Once all is said and done you can't do much else.

Since I've had people come to me in the past and say they'd like more of a say about what goes on in the community and feel that their voice isn't heard often enough, I've decided that I'm going to let you guys suggest mods, plugins, and various things to do with the Vanilla server. You won't be going through red names such as Lunaretic, Anthal, etc. You'll be talking to me and and most likely Peakay, so your suggestions will be read, considered, and we'll even talk to you 1 on 1 about it.

So just to get the ball rolling, my suggestion is a Faction Raiding Griefing server. Those kinds of servers, when advertised well enough, seem to have an incredible player count that never seems to drop below a staggering number.

tl;dr?
Suggest me mods and plugins to the Vanilla server.

#2: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:05 pm 
The King of Space
Level 10
Total Points: 2874 points
Next Level: 9999 points
Sounds like a solid plan. Vanilla's been ailing basically since we put it up.

Also, as Kairen noted in there; I'm not usually the best contact (and definitely not Anthal) for Minecraft related things; Kairen or Peakay are your best bet there.

#3: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
Total Points: 593 points
Next Level: 800 points
On the note of factions / griefing / raiding servers.

Expect to lose your "rights" big time. There will be no leeway on hacking or cheating, and many comprehensive anti cheat systems will be installed. This means things will start getting a bit glitchy, making sprint jumping very very buggy. In addition, there will be anti-xray set on nazi mode, meaning every thing (smoothstone) will be masked as something until you mine it.

That is also a huge use of resources, which will (inevitably) cause lag. It's something that's unavoidable, so please don't complain about it (in general) lagging.

I'd like to see map resets every 6 weeks.

Ideally, whitelisting will have to be disabled. To be expected tbh.

Yes, this is all very very necessary to ensure a fair playing environment. If you don't start from the beginning, things will go down the drain very quickly (I'm talking about Tekkit here).

At the same time, I'd like to see something set us apart from other servers... Factions raiding servers are actually a dime a dozen. The only reason big servers get big is because they are very good at keeping players. Which means out of 10 people who log in to check out the server, at least 7 stay and keep playing. To ensure this... we do something super cool (or something).

Yep.
Bro.
Fight me.

#4: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(PeakayLawrd)
On the note of factions / griefing / raiding servers.

Expect to lose your "rights" big time. There will be no leeway on hacking or cheating, and many comprehensive anti cheat systems will be installed. This means things will start getting a bit glitchy, making sprint jumping very very buggy. In addition, there will be anti-xray set on nazi mode, meaning every thing (smoothstone) will be masked as something until you mine it.

That is also a huge use of resources, which will (inevitably) cause lag. It's something that's unavoidable, so please don't complain about it (in general) lagging.

I'd like to see map resets every 6 weeks.

Ideally, whitelisting will have to be disabled. To be expected tbh.

Yes, this is all very very necessary to ensure a fair playing environment. If you don't start from the beginning, things will go down the drain very quickly (I'm talking about Tekkit here).

At the same time, I'd like to see something set us apart from other servers... Factions raiding servers are actually a dime a dozen. The only reason big servers get big is because they are very good at keeping players. Which means out of 10 people who log in to check out the server, at least 7 stay and keep playing. To ensure this... we do something super cool (or something).

Yep.

Okay, good points. XD

#5: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:07 pm 
Eternal Essence
Level 4
Total Points: 124 points
Next Level: 200 points
I like the plan, as I haven't been on Vanilla Minecraft that often but I check Multicraft regularly to see who is/was on. The lack of players is a real killer and discourages my desire to administrate the server when there really is not much to look for. Whatever you guy decide to do to liven things up. I don't have a big opinion on the faction/griefing/raiding server idea (just make it something fun and engaging). :P

#6: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
RailCraft would be nice to have as a fast means of transportation (and I could handle building that), and maybe a mod to build bigger and better stuff.
~Wliu

#7: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:38 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
(Wliu)
RailCraft would be nice to have as a fast means of transportation (and I could handle building that), and maybe a mod to build bigger and better stuff.

Vanilla is/should be kept strictly vanilla. You keep describing the stuff in Tekkit, and even though I know your computer can't run it, it doesn't mean a mod is going to be added just for you (sounds harsh but I can't figure out a way to make it not sound harsh).
Bro.
Fight me.

#8: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:47 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
(PeakayLawrd)
(Wliu)

Vanilla is/should be kept strictly vanilla. You keep describing the stuff in Tekkit, and even though I know your computer can't run it, it doesn't mean a mod is going to be added just for you (sounds harsh but I can't figure out a way to make it not sound harsh).

Then why is Kairen asking for mods on the Vanilla server?
(Kairen)
I've decided that I'm going to let you guys suggest mods, plugins, and various things to do with the Vanilla server.

And I do agree with you that I am pushing for Railcraft a bit too much :P, but this was just to throw that idea out there and see if people liked it.
(It was a bit harsh :3)
~Wliu

#9: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
(Wliu)
(PeakayLawrd)
(Wliu)

(Kairen)
I've decided that I'm going to let you guys suggest mods, plugins, and various things to do with the Vanilla server.

And I do agree with you that I am pushing for Railcraft a bit too much :P, but this was just to throw that idea out there and see if people liked it.

I think in this instance mods would fall under the plugins category, but yeah. Vanilla stays vanilla, tekkit is the one to be modified.
Bro.
Fight me.

#10: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
(PeakayLawrd)
(Wliu)
(PeakayLawrd)
(Wliu)

(Kairen)

I think in this instance mods would fall under the plugins category, but yeah. Vanilla stays vanilla, tekkit is the one to be modified.

I'm confused now ._. Then what are we supposed to do with Vanilla?
~Wliu

#11: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(Wliu)
(PeakayLawrd)
(Wliu)
(PeakayLawrd)
(Wliu)

(Kairen)

We're basically editing Vanilla and adding a few things. We're going to try to not deviate TOO far away from Vanilla by adding things that drastically change the way the game is played like Tekkit does.

#12: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
(Kairen Bellatorus)
(Wliu)
(PeakayLawrd)
(Wliu)
(PeakayLawrd)

(Kairen)

We're basically editing Vanilla and adding a few things. We're going to try to not deviate TOO far away from Vanilla by adding things that drastically change the way the game is played like Tekkit does.

Ah, I get it now. Being that I don't have a good idea of "drastically change" (I'm serious), I'm just going to stop posting in this thread for a while while i try to get a good idea of it~
~Wliu

#13: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 pm 
FIGHT ME
Level 7
Total Points: 1004 points
I'm just going to through this out there. No Mo' Creatures. Please.

#14: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:15 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(PenguinBond)

Why do you say that?

#15: Re: Minecraft Is Floundering
Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:21 pm 
FIGHT ME
Level 7
Total Points: 1004 points
(Kairen Bellatorus)
(PenguinBond)

Why do you say that?

It's hard to explain. You get a feeling of no progress whatsoever.

Search for:
Jump to: