Popup Content
Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
#1: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 311 points
Next Level: 400 points
So the much anticipate3d successor to Tekkit, "Feed The Beast" is Out today: http://www.reddit.com/r/tekkit/comments/12hvzp/ftb_beta_2_is_out/.

Any plans to switch the tekkit server to FTB once it's out of BETA or even before?

Not only does it run on Minecraft 1.4.x as opposed to 1.2.5, but it comes with these awesome mods packaged in with it:

Forge 6.0.1.353
NEI 1.4.1
IC2 1.108.59-lf
IC2 Advanced Machines 4.4b
Buildcraft v??
CC 1.46
EnderStorage 1.2.1
ExtrabiomesXL 3.2.2
Forestry v??
Nuclear Control 1.4.1
Iron Chests 4.2.1 build 120
Advanced Solar Panels 3.2.0
MFFS 2.2.8.0.5
Mystcraft 0.9.3.02
PortalGun 1.4.2
Railcraft 6.7
Steve's Carts 2.0a10
Thermal Expansion 1.0.8

#2: Re: Feed The Beat BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
Total Points: 593 points
Next Level: 800 points
Probably not.

It wouldn't be compatible with the map we're running right now. As much as I'd like to reset it and get stricter bans in before people use EE (still OP) and completely wreck any plans for a server economy, and then come up in pitchforks whenever I want to... I don't know... say nerf emc values for EVERYTHING.

/rant
Yes, I see that EE isn't even on that list, but it looks like they plan on adding it.
Yes, I see that there's even PortalGun (:D)
Yes, this actually looks like Tekkit w/ forestry but without EE.
Yes, a new modpack like this would probably jump straight into popularity, and if we hosted a server running it from the beginning, we'd probably have one of the best.

However I couldn't find any documentation as to whether or not it would run Craftbukkit.

But unfortunately there is no way (I think, you'd have to ask Lunar) we're going to add on another Minecraft server unless Vanilla or Tekkit gets removed. Tekkit is dieing because I've been too busy to work on advertising it. Vanilla doesn't see much traffic to begin with.

So unless something major goes through the works (again), there won't be an official FTB server hosted with Lunar's dosh...

That being said, I may look into running one myself. I yearn for the days of absolute freedom in the ssh console. All I'd have to do is sell my unusuals for like a bud and a half, and we'd have 40$ to start with. After that it would have to be completely reliant on donator support, since I don't have a job. 40$ would net at least a VPS with 4gb RAM.
Bro.
Fight me.

#3: Re: Feed The Beat BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:36 pm 
The Unknown
Level 3
Total Points: 86 points
Next Level: 100 points
What exactly is Freed the Beast? Never heard of it.

#4: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 pm 
The King of Space
Level 10
Total Points: 2874 points
Next Level: 9999 points
Peakay, hit me up with your plans for the FTB stuff. We can probably work out a VPS situation for this if you think it'd be successful and are willing to do the work to get it rolling. Probably will cancel Vanilla at some point in the future as it's been low population and no one seems interested in it anyways.

#5: Re: Feed The Beat BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
(PeakayLawrd)
Probably not.

It wouldn't be compatible with the map we're running right now. As much as I'd like to reset it and get stricter bans in before people use EE (still OP) and completely wreck any plans for a server economy, and then come up in pitchforks whenever I want to... I don't know... say nerf emc values for EVERYTHING.

/rant
Yes, I see that EE isn't even on that list, but it looks like they plan on adding it.
Yes, I see that there's even PortalGun (:D)
Yes, this actually looks like Tekkit w/ forestry but without EE.
Yes, a new modpack like this would probably jump straight into popularity, and if we hosted a server running it from the beginning, we'd probably have one of the best.

However I couldn't find any documentation as to whether or not it would run Craftbukkit.

But unfortunately there is no way (I think, you'd have to ask Lunar) we're going to add on another Minecraft server unless Vanilla or Tekkit gets removed. Tekkit is dieing because I've been too busy to work on advertising it. Vanilla doesn't see much traffic to begin with.

So unless something major goes through the works (again), there won't be an official FTB server hosted with Lunar's dosh...

That being said, I may look into running one myself. I yearn for the days of absolute freedom in the ssh console. All I'd have to do is sell my unusuals for like a bud and a half, and we'd have 40$ to start with. After that it would have to be completely reliant on donator support, since I don't have a job. 40$ would net at least a VPS with 4gb RAM.

Yah EE3 will be included in the coming weeks and it will be HEAVILY balanced and nerfed so as to not make it so opp, which will be nice.

I figured you all won't scrap the entire TEkkit server, but may around the time of the next map change perhaps FTB will be ready to go with EE3 and redpower and we can upgrade to it them. No reason to have a tekkit and an FTB server as tekkit is just an older version relative to FTB.

Just wondering what the plans were. Thanks for answering!

#6: Re: Feed The Beat BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:24 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
(Old Man Jenkins)
What exactly is Freed the Beast? Never heard of it.

Feed The Beast is a modpack like Tekkit, except it has way cooler mods, and is supported by the mod developers themselves, and it is regualrly updated.

So imagine playing on the newest MC version, with all the best mods of tekkit plus some more (forestry, portal gun etc) and many other things. Essentially Tekkit wil die going forward and FTB is the new Tekkit, which just released the beta launcher today if you want to go play it, there are even a few servers up too. It is superior to Tekkit in every way and is the future.

#7: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:09 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
(Lunaretic)
Peakay, hit me up with your plans for the FTB stuff. We can probably work out a VPS situation for this if you think it'd be successful and are willing to do the work to get it rolling. Probably will cancel Vanilla at some point in the future as it's been low population and no one seems interested in it anyways.

I think the main main issue is that it is kinda similar to Tekkit, so it'd be dumb to have 2 servers that run for (almost) the same thing.

FTB looks like it will be better than Tekkit, and if it runs 1.4.1 already, then it could take Tekkit's place.

http://www.technicpack.net/forgebukkit- ... kely-dead/
Bro.
Fight me.

#8: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:05 pm 
The King of Space
Level 10
Total Points: 2874 points
Next Level: 9999 points
That's fine by me, too, if it's what people want/what would be more popular. P:

#9: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:37 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
(Lunaretic)
That's fine by me, too, if it's what people want/what would be more popular. P:

Yep, confirmed that there isn't going to be Bukkit anytime soon. That really really kills public servers of any kind.
Bro.
Fight me.

#10: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
I'll be willing to test this out, as long as it doesn't lag~
Also, the Vanilla server-I haven't been on since last Monday, so how's it going?
~Wliu

#11: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:35 pm 
Captain Shadeslayer
Level 6
Total Points: 488 points
They say the vanilla server needs mods...
Why not FTB?
"Well there's your problem!"
- Adam Savage

...Whoever made "Dyslexia" mean what it means is an asshat.

Angry?

#12: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
Total Points: 1197 points
Next Level: 1200 points
(Sweet Jesus Rollerblading Christ)
They say the vanilla server needs mods...
Why not FTB?

Because that'd basically be Tekkit, just upgraded.
As Peakay stated before it doesn't have Bukkit access currently so it'd kill the Vanilla server even more.

No, we are not getting this mod YET. If it gets Bukkit access and is fully compatible with the things we have on the Tekkit server currently, maybe.

#13: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:19 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 14 points
Next Level: 20 points
I would be in favor of a server running the Direwolf20 modpack (in the FTB launcher). It has a grand total of 56 individual mods, including all of the mods in the Feed The Beast pack.

The mods included are:

Buildcraft
ChickenChunks
Compact Solars
ComputerCraft
EnderStorage
ExtrabiomesXL
Factorization
Forestry
GravityGun
IC2 NuclearControl
Industrialcraft 2
Iron Chests
MiscPeripherals
GraviSuite
MFFS
Mystcraft
NEI
NEI Plugins
Obsidiplates
OmniTools
Portal Gun
Railcraft
Redpower 2
Soulshards
Steves Carts
Thaumcraft 3
Thermal Expansion
Wireless Redstone - CBE
XyCraft

I'm not sure about Bukkit support, though... anything involving Mystcraft is gonna get a bit hairy, what with making basically unlimited custom dimensions and all.
The answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

#14: Re: Feed The Beast BETA is OUT!
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:37 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
(Forty2)
I would be in favor of a server running the Direwolf20 modpack (in the FTB launcher). It has a grand total of 56 individual mods, including all of the mods in the Feed The Beast pack.

The mods included are:

Buildcraft
ChickenChunks
Compact Solars
ComputerCraft
EnderStorage
ExtrabiomesXL
Factorization
Forestry
GravityGun
IC2 NuclearControl
Industrialcraft 2
Iron Chests
MiscPeripherals
GraviSuite
MFFS
Mystcraft
NEI
NEI Plugins
Obsidiplates
OmniTools
Portal Gun
Railcraft
Redpower 2
Soulshards
Steves Carts
Thaumcraft 3
Thermal Expansion
Wireless Redstone - CBE
XyCraft

I'm not sure about Bukkit support, though... anything involving Mystcraft is gonna get a bit hairy, what with making basically unlimited custom dimensions and all.

So long as there isn't Bukkit, there won't be any long lasting server running here. Maybe temporarily at best.
Bro.
Fight me.

Search for:
Jump to: