The Unknown
Level 2
Total Points: 38 points
Next Level: 50 points
Ban reason: leaving machines on
Ban date: unknown
IGN: wadefrakers
Reason: it was an accident
Plead: I know they said they might reduce it to 10 days but it was a fair accident and I will be more careful and it doesn't make sense that I get banned for 15 days for accidentally leaving someachines on which I usually turn off when gooogless23 got banned for only 10 days for a 3rd offense of greifing!

#17: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:32 am 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
Total Points: 1197 points
Next Level: 1200 points
(wadefrakers)
Ban reason: leaving machines on
Ban date: unknown
IGN: wadefrakers
Reason: it was an accident
Plead: I know they said they might reduce it to 10 days but it was a fair accident and I will be more careful and it doesn't make sense that I get banned for 15 days for accidentally leaving someachines on which I usually turn off when gooogless23 got banned for only 10 days for a 3rd offense of greifing!

Coordinates: They were at your house (I never actually got the coords.)
Screenshots: If you'd like, I can provide them. But I think we both know where and what you did, so they're not entirely necessary.
Date of ban: Oct 23.

I've reduced your ban to 10 days. I agree that 15 days was a bit harsh. Also since the ban was issued on October 23 (3 days ago) I'll drop your ban down to 7 days that way it'll be like you got an actual 10 day ban and don't have to serve 3 extra days.
Once you're back in the server send me a message on here and ask me to unlock all of your timers. They're RIGHT behind where they all originally were.
And if you always turn them off, I'd recommend locking your levers (Or however you turn them off/on) so only you can access them. I noticed you were in a town with other people.

#18: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 pm 
The Unknown
Level 6
Total Points: 10397 points
Next Level: 800 points
If he is apologetic about it and letting you know he made a mistake, I still think this guy should only receive a day or so ban. I'm not telling you what to do here, but it's a general piece of advice. Straight from nothing to over a week ban for a misunderstanding is probably not the best way to deal with players.

#19: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:47 pm 
The King of Space
Level 10
Total Points: 2874 points
Next Level: 9999 points
(Merrell)
If he is apologetic about it and letting you know he made a mistake, I still think this guy should only receive a day or so ban. I'm not telling you what to do here, but it's a general piece of advice. Straight from nothing to over a week ban for a misunderstanding is probably not the best way to deal with players.

When your 'accidental mistake' locks up the server for half a day such that no one can play on it, particularly after MOTD/etc. announcements. a significant ban can be deserved. Regardless, this is up to Kairen.

#20: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 pm 
The Unknown
Level 6
Total Points: 10397 points
Next Level: 800 points
Yeah, I understand, I just know that unfortunate accidents can happen with Tekkit. Then again, I can sometimes be too lenient :p. Just figured I'd pitch in my two cents, but I'll be on my way.

#21: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(Merrell)
Yeah, I understand, I just know that unfortunate accidents can happen with Tekkit. Then again, I can sometimes be too lenient :p. Just figured I'd pitch in my two cents, but I'll be on my way.

I know, and I appreciate it.
That's why this offense hardly counts against him. Since this was an accident I'm going to be unlocking his timers, helping him lock his levers (just so this doesn't happen again.) and this won't count against him in the future.
But yes, I do agree with you that 10 days is a bit severe. Though after so long of me telling people "Turn off your machines before you leave/if you're not using them." and even putting it in the motd, making a thread about it, etc. I think at this point it's about time I stop warning and start cracking down a bit.
I appreciate your advice, though. I'll try to be a bit more lenient in the future. :)

#22: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:20 pm 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 6 points
Next Level: 20 points
am sorry ill build back that house in tekkit

#23: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:25 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(arcanebtyler)
am sorry ill build back that house in tekkit

I already rolled it back. You were banned for griefing and will remain banned.
Also, follow the procedure for appealing. :p
I caught you in the ACT of griefing that guy's house. You were picking up all of the items and running around where you griefed him. When I asked you what you were doing, you ran away.

#24: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm 
The Unknown
Level 2
Total Points: 26 points
1:I accidentally had a black hole band and ThePwner blamed me for the server glitching and crashing even though I got rid of the ring when it crashed it rolled back the server so it looks like I didn't get rid of it.
2:January/22/2013
3:a_blaze
4:I didn't know the Black Hole Band was banned... I also had the Zero ring before it was banned
5:ThePwner falsely accused me of "killing" the server and crashing the server 10-15 times and he took my inventory away but it didn't work so he banned me for crashing the server even though it glitching was not my fault(and KillerKenny94 gave me the rings)
Why push a button when you can shake a stick?

#25: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
(a_blaze)
1:I accidentally had a black hole band and ThePwner blamed me for the server glitching and crashing even though I got rid of the ring when it crashed it rolled back the server so it looks like I didn't get rid of it.
2:January/22/2013
3:a_blaze
4:I didn't know the Black Hole Band was banned... I also had the Zero ring before it was banned
5:ThePwner falsely accused me of "killing" the server and crashing the server 10-15 times and he took my inventory away but it didn't work so he banned me for crashing the server even though it glitching was not my fault(and KillerKenny94 gave me the rings)

1. Though I'm not a Tekkit admin, Peakay (aka ThePwner) was telling everybody in the shoutbox (on the right) that he specifically told you not to get rid of it, yet you kept trying to (if I recall correctly).
2. You can view the blacklist anytime right here.
3. You aren't supposed to be able to use blacklisted items, which probably means you were hacking in some way or something went wrong.
4. Nice job on your spelling/grammer :) (that last sentence is a massive run-on though)
~Wliu

#26: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm 
The Unknown
Level 2
Wliu I didn't know that it was a banned item and that KillerKenny94 gave it to me and said it was now banned.

#27: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
(a_blaze)
Wliu I didn't know that it was a banned item and that KillerKenny94 gave it to me and said it was now banned.

*sigh* Read carefully. I said you weren't supposed to be able to use them. You can have them, that doesn't matter.
KillerKenny is lying if he said it just got banned, all those items were banned back in October/November.
~Wliu

#28: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:13 pm 
The Unknown
Level 2
I didn't use it.

#29: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
(a_blaze)
I didn't use it.

Ok, could have said that this first time ;)
It's up to the Tekkit admins then to decide what to do.
~Wliu

#30: Re: Ban Appeal Thread for Tekkit/Minecraft
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:18 pm 
The Unknown
Level 2
Okey Thank you for your time.

Search for:
Jump to: