Popup Content
Tekkit Blacklisted Items
#1: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
Total Points: 1197 points
Next Level: 1200 points
Here's the official list of items I'll be blacklisting* in Tekkit.

Destruction catalyst: Griefing
Evertide amulet: Griefing
Volcanite amulet: Griefing
Ring of ignition: Griefing
Hyperkinetic lens: Griefing
Watch of flowing time: Server wide effect
Catalytic lens: Griefing
Ring of arcana: Griefing
Computercraft items*.
Black Hole Band: (duping glitch.) Edit* I originally thought it was the Gem of Eternal Density that allowed for the glitch, but it turns out it's the Black Hole Ring.
Cataclysm bombs and nukes: Griefing
World Anchor: Server lag
Void Ring: Combination of Gem of Eternal Density and Black Hole Band
Dimensional Anchor: Keeps the entire world loaded.
Teleport Tether: Keeps a 3x3 loaded.
RM Furnace: Duping Glitch
Collector MK1 and MK2: OP as heck.
Nukes: Griefing.
Tracker Server lag.

* Blacklisted means you won't be able to make them, use them if you already have them, etc.
* Some Computercraft items will be disabled, although not all. The reason for this is simply server wide lag.

If you have any questions, send me a PM on here, comment here, or send me a Steam message. Expect a few more updates for Tekkit soon enough.
Last edited by Kairen Bellatorus on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.

#2: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:27 pm 
The Unknown
Level 6
Total Points: 430 points
Next Level: 800 points
Looks like it mostly consists of magic items, so i won't run into any problems. :D

#3: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:39 pm 
Indubitable Apathy
Level 6
Total Points: 593 points
(RaxynSword)
Looks like it mostly consists of magic items, so i won't run into any problems. :D

A fellow witch hunter? JOIN RANKS WITH US INDUSTRIALISTS!
Bro.
Fight me.

#4: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:26 pm 
The Unknown
Level 6
(PeakayLawrd)
(RaxynSword)

A fellow witch hunter? JOIN RANKS WITH US INDUSTRIALISTS!

FOR SCIENCE!

#5: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:43 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 311 points
Next Level: 400 points
Would be awesome if somehow mining turtles for CC could still be allowed, they are such a big help early on in the game and are actually quite powerfull. So much can be done with computercraft, but I guess it causes too much lag. If there is anyway to whitelist just the mining turtles though that would be amazing.

#6: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:15 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(DangerClose_FFE)
Would be awesome if somehow mining turtles for CC could still be allowed, they are such a big help early on in the game and are actually quite powerfull. So much can be done with computercraft, but I guess it causes too much lag. If there is anyway to whitelist just the mining turtles though that would be amazing.

I'll be taking a look at CC myself as well as taking recommendations for what should be blacklisted and what should remain.
I've actually been asked to completely remove CC, but I don't think that'd be such a good idea.

Edit: For the time being I'll keep CC enabled. So far it hasn't been an issue in the slightest, but if it does become an issue, I'll either blacklist parts of it, or just have to remove it entirely. But like I said, it hasn't been an issue yet.

#7: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm 
Eternal Essence
Level 4
Total Points: 124 points
Next Level: 200 points
So I'm assuming for Ring of Arcana you ended up just taking out the lightning part because I'm still able to fly around with it.
A slightly annoying problem I have is, despite locking your doors and chests, people are still able to go around and break floors and walls. As well, I don't see much of a point in keeping the Frost Ring. (unless it has another name) All it does is leave snow everywhere (maybe for props) but I don't when people come over with it and throw snow in the house and make it messy or just scatter it outside. Not to say I haven't done that but it is a nuisance and I don't believe it will be missed if it's gone.

Edit: I question why someone needs to use points in order to gain property protect. I personally am not that fast gaining points on the forum. XP

#8: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:19 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(Femmy)
So I'm assuming for Ring of Arcana you ended up just taking out the lightning part because I'm still able to fly around with it.
A slightly annoying problem I have is, despite locking your doors and chests, people are still able to go around and break floors and walls. As well, I don't see much of a point in keeping the Frost Ring. (unless it has another name) All it does is leave snow everywhere (maybe for props) but I don't when people come over with it and throw snow in the house and make it messy or just scatter it outside. Not to say I haven't done that but it is a nuisance and I don't believe it will be missed if it's gone.

Edit: I question why someone needs to use points in order to gain property protect. I personally am not that fast gaining points on the forum. XP

If you still have the Ring of Arcana in your inventory it'll only allow you to fly for now.
The Zero Ring is allowed because it really causes no harm to the server and can't be used for griefing. It will be tiered at some point though because hitting G and walking near water will turn it into ice.
Zero Ring + Ocean = Not pleasant.

As for points, when you participate in an event you can get points for doing so. (They have to be given manually by Lunaretic.)
So, if I do an event in the future, I'll make sure to ask Lunar to give points for participation. :) Just post and what-not. Be frequent, but not spammy.

#9: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 pm 
The Unknown
Level 6
Don't forget to fix the mining laser.

#10: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(RaxynSword)
Don't forget to fix the mining laser.

Right.

#11: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:43 am 
The Unknown
Level 1
Total Points: 16 points
Next Level: 20 points
Do you mean dark matter furnaces rather than red matter furnaces? Because I went on the server and a some people had dark matter furnaces. I was able to place and use dark matter furnaces but not red matter ones.

#12: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:41 am 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
(Jelly Beans)
Do you mean dark matter furnaces rather than red matter furnaces? Because I went on the server and a some people had dark matter furnaces. I was able to place and use dark matter furnaces but not red matter ones.

Ah, correct you are. I meant RM furnaces. My mistake. Thank-you for pointing that out.

#13: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:46 pm 
The Unknown
Level 2
Total Points: 31 points
Next Level: 50 points
would it still be possible to get some of the gem armors that require blacklisted items to build, or are those blacklisted as well, by association?

#14: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 pm 
Poptart Bandit
Level 7
What do they require to build? I can edit it so you can MAKE the blacklisted items, but nothing more.

#15: Re: Tekkit Blacklisted Items
Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 pm 
The Unknown
Level 2
Total Points: 31 points
Next Level: 50 points
for the full set, you'd need an evertide amulet, a volcanite amulet, and a watch of flowing time (plus a bunch of non-banned stuff)

Search for:
Jump to: