Popup Content
Minecraft Information / Command List
#1: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 am 
The Forever Man
Level 6
Total Points: 568 points
Next Level: 800 points
I feel we should have an information thread So people new to minecraft can find info and links to info to help them in minecraft.(redundant redundancies are redundant)
First, if you don't own minecraft you can buy it from the official site, http://www.minecraft.net/

The 50DKP Server
To gain access the 50DKP minecraft server you need fill in your minecraft ID (username) in your forum profile(this will add you to the MC whitelist). The server information is tekkit.50dkp.com (or 216.231.130.115) and can be found on the right side of the forums. We are currently running Tekkit on our servers, this will require you to install the an additional launcher to access the server, please see the Tekkit section of this post for more information on setting up tekkit.

If you have problems connecting after adding your ID to the forum profile and confirming the correct address is entered, PM Lunaretic

TeamSpeak
If you want to voice chat join the minecraft channel in our teamspeak server, teamspeak can be downloaded free from http://www.teamspeak.com/, and our server info is ts.50dkp.com:8016 (also on the right side of the forums)

The Wiki
Once you have connected to our servers Minecraft Wiki http://www.minecraftwiki.net is a great resource for information like:
Controls http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Keys
Crafting http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting
Brewing http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Brewing
Tutorials http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials#Newcomers

Tekkit
***Note: Tekkit is free but you must still own Minecraft in order to play it***
We are currently running tekkit on our server. Tekkit is a series of mods and addons that enhance minecraft. For the most part, it means lots of new blocks.

The Launcher - The tekkit pack requires you to download the technic launcher http://www.technicpack.net/download/ Once installed, run it. On the left there will be a list select tekkit(optionally you can select vanilla to play in normal minecraft, so it is recommend to always start with the launcher). on the right you can fill in your login information as normal. Once your logged in the rest is the same as vanilla minecraft(select multiplayer, pick/add mc.50dkp.com, and enjoy).

Blacklisted/Balanced items - Due to some Tekkit items being dangerous to the server(griefing/lag/exploits) some items are blacklisted (you wont be able to make them, and may lose your materials trying) or have been balanced (modified cost or functions). Please read the thread Tekkit Blacklisted Items for complete list, any questions or concerns in regards to this please contact Peakay or Kairen.

Blocks, Recipes,and Stuff - Tekkit is made up of several parts, the major parts being Equivalent Exchange, IndustrialCraft 2, BuildCraft, and RedPower 2. Here is a tekkit wiki, http://thetekkit.wikia.com/, for more information. Currently I have only learned Equivalent Exchange but I'll post more as I learn.

Equivalent Exchange - For the most part, Equivalent Exchange deals with alchemy and magic. It is a good place to start learning Tekkit, and once you have a basic understanding/setup it will make it easier to produce items for the other parts of Tekkit. I'd recommend following this guide, http://equivalentexchange.wikispaces.co ... rted+in+v6 , it is posted on the Equivalent Exchange wiki so the pictures link to the item's pages. It is not the most detailed guide but if you follow it step by step you will learn everything you need to know about Equivalent Exchange.

Server Commands
*** Important Note: Since we have switched to tekkit a lot of this is no longer accurate***
basically just a list of some commands that you can use while on our server to make your mining experience better. All commands are typed in chat('t' to access chat) and begin with a '/'

All commands should be working properly with tekkit now, if not post in this thread or msg me or an other admin.
note: Bukkit, This is the high overlord for all the Minecraft custom commands and runs the seperate plugins. If this is off none(i think) of the following commands will work and creepers leave craters as they blow up, as well as other unforseen consequences. This usually only happens just after a patch, but eventually it will be integrated into minecraft(hopefully).

help - This displays the help commands. but there are alot of pages and it only displays a few at a time, that is why I'm listing the more useful ones
helpop - Requests help from online admins /<command> <message> i think, if not just ask in chat.
rules - Displays the rules. disobey and face the might of the ban hammer!
info, ifo, news, eabout - This allows you to see information about the server. currently nothing there dunno if it will be used later
motd - Displays the motd (Message of the Day). its the message you see when you log in

msg, tell, m, t, whisper - This allows you to private message another player. /<command> <player> <message>
r , reply - Quickly reply to the last player to message you. /<command> <message>
me, action, describe - Allows you to emote. /<command> <emote message>

nick - Change your display name.
realname - Allows you to see a player's real username /<command> <player>
whois - Displays player information. /<command><nickname|playername>

afk - Sets your status as AFK.
ignore - Ignore a player /<command> <player>

list, who, playerlist, online, plist - Lists the players online and how many slots are left. /<command> you can get this info by holding tab
near, nearby - Lists the players who are nearby /<command> [radius]
seen - Check when a player was last online. /<command> <player>

mail - Allows you to send & receive mail. /<command> [read|clear|send [to] [message]|sendall [message]] dunno if anyone has tested this or uses it but its there :P

spawn - Teleports you to spawn. /<command> [player] spawn is the location where new users start

sethome - Sets your home location.
delhome, remhome,rmhome - Removes your home
home, homes - Teleports you home.
back, return - Returns you to your last position from a prior teleport. often used to take you back to where you died

warp, warps - Warps you to a pre-set location. /<command> [warp name] Warps are setup by admins, for events or whatnot. type warp on its own to see a list of warps. i think only echo has set these so far.

tpa, call, tpask - Asks the player if you can teleport to them. /<command> <player to teleport TO>, this requires them to accept your request
tpahere - Asks the specified player to accept transport to your location. /<command> <player to teleport to YOUR SELF>
tpaccept, tpyes - Accept a /tpa request.
tpdeny, tpno - Deny a /tpa request. , no means no! if someone wont accept your request its their choice, if you harrass them you may suffer the wraith of the ban hammer!

suicide - Commit suicide.

compass, direction - Displays your current bearing in the world.
depth - Displays your current block depth in relation to sea-level.
getpos, coords, position - Displays your current coordinate location in the world.

LWC this deals with block protection, for most users it will deal only with doors and chests to prevent people from going in your home and from taking your stuff. I believe its set to private by default so when you place a door/crate its already attuned to you. you will notice if your exploring you come to someone else's door or chest that it says locked with a magical seal or something like that, that is LWC. these are the basic commands for it. The commands explain themselves as you use them.

lwc - lists LWC commands
cprivate - it creates a private protection.
cpassword <password> - it creates a passworded protection.
cpublic - it creates a public protection
cremove - Allows you to remove a protection you own
cmodify - can add players to the locked chest: /cmodify player1 player2 player3
cunlock <password> - Allows you to attempt to gain access to a passworded protection.

Griefing
Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering(stole this definition from the wiki, http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Griefing). Note that killing livestock, pets, or villagers near other people's works is also considered griefing (If your trying to get xp kill zombies, skeletons, or other things that spawn nightly).

Griefing is not tolerated on the server. If you are caught griefing you may be warned, banned without warning, or jailed (pretty much a in game time-out) the decision is up to the admin's discretion. There are several plugins in place to detect griefers. If you feel that something you've been building has been griefed please let an admin know (through PMs or steam chat, don't flood the forums with things that could cause drama).

*If something needs to be added, or is incorrect let me know. I figured if I'm an admin I should do something admin like :P
Last edited by Chakkan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 am, edited 9 times in total.

#2: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:21 am 
The King of Space
Level 10
Total Points: 2874 points
Next Level: 9999 points
I'm.. just going to sticky/feature this.. and pretend like I put Chakkan up to it.. Yeah..

Hooray Chakkan!

#3: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:53 pm 
The Bagel Monster
Level 7
Total Points: 1007 points
Next Level: 1200 points
(Chakkan)
I feel we should have an information thread So people new to minecraft can find info and links to info to help them in minecraft.(redundant redundancies are redundant)
First, if you don't own minecraft you can buy it from the official site, http://www.minecraft.net/

The 50DKP Server
To gain access the 50DKP minecraft server you need fill in your minecraft ID (username) in your forum profile(this will add you to the MC whitelist).The server information is mc.50dkp.com (or 8.2.122.32) and can be found on the right side of the forums

If you have problems connecting after adding your ID to the forum profile and confirming the correct address is entered, PM Lunaretic

TeamSpeak
If you want to voice chat join the minecraft channel in our teamspeak server, teamspeak can be downloaded free from http://www.teamspeak.com/, and our server info is ts.50dkp.com:8016 (also on the right side of the forums)

The Wiki
Once you have connected to our servers Minecraft Wiki http://www.minecraftwiki.net is a great resource for information like:
Controls http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Keys
Crafting http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting
Brewing http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Brewing
Tutorials http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials#Newcomers

Server Commands
basically just a list of some commands that you can use while on our server to make your mining experience better. All commands are typed in chat('t' to access chat) and begin with a '/'

note: Bukkit, This is the high overlord for all the Minecraft custom commands and runs the seperate plugins. If this is off none(i think) of the following commands will work and creepers leave craters as they blow up, as well as other unforseen consequences. This usually only happens just after a patch, but eventually it will be integrated into minecraft(hopefully).

help - This displays the help commands. but there are alot of pages and it only displays a few at a time, that is why I'm listing the more useful ones
helpop - Requests help from online admins /<command> <message> i think, if not just ask in chat.
rules - Displays the rules. disobey and face the might of the ban hammer!
info, ifo, news, eabout - This allows you to see information about the server. currently nothing there dunno if it will be used later
motd - Displays the motd (Message of the Day). its the message you see when you log in

msg, tell, m, t, whisper - This allows you to private message another player. /<command> <player> <message>
r , reply - Quickly reply to the last player to message you. /<command> <message>
me, action, describe - Allows you to emote. /<command> <emote message>

nick - Change your display name.
realname - Allows you to see a player's real username /<command> <player>
whois - Displays player information. /<command><nickname|playername>

afk - Sets your status as AFK.
ignore - Ignore a player /<command> <player>

list, who, playerlist, online, plist - Lists the players online and how many slots are left. /<command> you can get this info by holding tab
near, nearby - Lists the players who are nearby /<command> [radius]
seen - Check when a player was last online. /<command> <player>

mail - Allows you to send & receive mail. /<command> [read|clear|send [to] [message]|sendall [message]] dunno if anyone has tested this or uses it but its there :P

spawn - Teleports you to spawn. /<command> [player] spawn is the location where new users start

sethome - Sets your home location.
delhome, remhome,rmhome - Removes your home
home, homes - Teleports you home.
back, return - Returns you to your last position from a prior teleport. often used to take you back to where you died

warp, warps - Warps you to a pre-set location. /<command> [warp name] Warps are setup by admins, for events or whatnot. type warp on its own to see a list of warps. i think only echo has set these so far.

tpa, call, tpask - Asks the player if you can teleport to them. /<command> <player to teleport TO>, this requires them to accept your request
tpahere - Asks the specified player to accept transport to your location. /<command> <player to teleport to YOUR SELF>
tpaccept, tpyes - Accept a /tpa request.
tpdeny, tpno - Deny a /tpa request. , no means no! if someone wont accept your request its their choice, if you harrass them you may suffer the wraith of the ban hammer!

suicide - Commit suicide.

compass, direction - Displays your current bearing in the world.
depth - Displays your current block depth in relation to sea-level.
getpos, coords, position - Displays your current coordinate location in the world.

LWC this deals with block protection, for most users it will deal only with doors and chests to prevent people from going in your home and from taking your stuff. I believe its set to private by default so when you place a door/crate its already attuned to you. you will notice if your exploring you come to someone else's door or chest that it says locked with a magical seal or something like that, that is LWC. these are the basic commands fo it. The commands explain themselves as you use them.

lwc - lists LWC commands
cprivate - it creates a private protection.
cpassword <password> - it creates a passworded protection.
cpublic - it creates a public protection
cremove - Allows you to remove a protection you own
cunlock <password> - Allows you to attempt to gain access to a passworded protection.

*If something needs to be added, or is incorrect let me know. I figured if I'm an admin I should do something admin like :P

Currently, I do believe theres only 2 warps set-up. One is to my Vinestalk city, and the other one is to the unfinished SpaceStation. And um... btw... have there been any recent bug fixes to the epic zones plugin?

#4: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:47 pm 
The Unknown
Level 3
Total Points: 83 points
Next Level: 100 points
guys minecraft seems to be down? i didet see anything on the forums yet (i could have overlooked it) but i cant connect to it and i restarted minecraft 5 times already. Does anyone know whats up with it?

#5: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:49 pm 
The Bagel Monster
Level 7
(player1jcw2)
guys minecraft seems to be down? i didet see anything on the forums yet (i could have overlooked it) but i cant connect to it and i restarted minecraft 5 times already. Does anyone know whats up with it?

No idea. It's having MAJOR amounts of lag though, and keeps crashing.

#6: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:51 pm 
The Unknown
Level 3
Total Points: 83 points
Next Level: 100 points
ingore last post...... i got it to work but i dunno it wasent working a couple of mines ago i dunno could be my PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>maybe not.... i dunmno guys i know im being annoying on the server. but i cant fix it, its just screwing up and srewing up im gonna keep trying tho
Last edited by player1jcw2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#7: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:52 pm 
The Bagel Monster
Level 7
(player1jcw2)
ingore last post...... i got it to work but i dunno it wasent working a couple of mines ago i dunno could be my PC

It's the MC server itself. It's more than a coincidence when more than 5 people are having trouble connecting.

#8: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 pm 
The Unknown
Level 6
Total Points: 10397 points
(Echohound)
Currently, I do believe theres only 2 warps set-up. One is to my Vinestalk city, and the other one is to the unfinished SpaceStation. And um... btw... have there been any recent bug fixes to the epic zones plugin?

We probably won't be putting them back on. There's really no use to them and it isn't fair to other players to give certain areas health regeneration/no mob spawning. If a player is griefed, we have plugins that can rollback that area and we have data that'll tell us who griefed that player.

#9: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:12 pm 
The Bagel Monster
Level 7
(Merrell)
(Echohound)

We probably won't be putting them back on. There's really no use to them and it isn't fair to other players to give certain areas health regeneration/no mob spawning. If a player is griefed, we have plugins that can rollback that area and we have data that'll tell us who griefed that player.

How will one protect spawn then? I don't wish to constantly rollback everything every hour. D:

#10: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:28 pm 
The King of Space
Level 10
Total Points: 2874 points
Next Level: 9999 points
Minecraft server was seeing max CPU usage this morning for some reason, despite there being 0 players online at times. Unknown what the issue was, a server restart fixed the problem though.

#11: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:28 pm 
The Mindless
Level 8
Total Points: 1513 points
Next Level: 1600 points
I read this post in Chakkans voice.

#12: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:45 pm 
The Duce of Italy
Level 6
Total Points: 737 points
(Mindless)
I read this post in Chakkans voice.

I know this is an insult, but I've always taken it as a compliment. I mean you win... The internet, that's pretty bad ass if I do say so myself. I see it more as winning the whole internet, like it's a video game. Not winning it as a prize.
some bridges need to be burned, no matter what's on the other side.

#13: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:53 am 
The Unknown
Level 2
Total Points: 26 points
Next Level: 50 points
I figured I don't post here enough, so well done Chakkan.

P.S. ECHO!!!! PLEASE MAKE A WARP TO CHAKKAN'S END WARP (LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD EARLIER) PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
I'm a girl, even though they're a myth.

#14: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am 
The Bagel Monster
Level 7
(sharktoothache)
I figured I don't post here enough, so well done Chakkan.

P.S. ECHO!!!! PLEASE MAKE A WARP TO CHAKKAN'S END WARP (LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD EARLIER) PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

Forgot bout the warp thing. It should be done once I go online again around 1.

#15: Re: Minecraft Information / Command List
Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:13 am 
The Forever Man
Level 6
Total Points: 568 points
I could probably do it myself now, but i dunno where that was : P
I don't mind the end portal having a warp since I made the cross thing so people could find it, just don't put any warps to my real stuff. I'm a hermit living away from society so i can work on my crazy projects(if people can't find me they can't build near me and then I don't have to worry about running them over with my projects(or eating the mountain they lived in)) : P

Search for:
Jump to: