Popup Content
Your ideas for new TF2 items?
#1: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:12 pm 
Madlord
Level 9
Total Points: 1781 points
Next Level: 2000 points
TF2 ahs come a LONG way from launch, adding a shitfuckton of new items. They have drastically changed some classes (i.e. the Demoknight), and have kept the game interesting for over 4 years.

So, what are your ideas for new weapons?
Are the servers fucked? For the love of god, let me know.
I can probably fix them. Maybe.
In fact, I might already know they are fucked.

#2: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm 
Madlord
Level 9
Total Points: 1781 points
I'll start, as an example.

Bouncing Betty
Grenades don't lose energy/momentum when bouncing
Grenades explode on contact with players and constructable objects, even after bouncing

10% less damage

Replaces the stock Grenade Launcher
Are the servers fucked? For the love of god, let me know.
I can probably fix them. Maybe.
In fact, I might already know they are fucked.

#3: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:21 pm 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
Next Level: 1200 points
Mansagna

it's one of the few foods the heavy doesn't have. there has to be lasagna for him too :D
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#4: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:09 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Texas Pickup
Regen 2 metal/2 seconds
Gain 2 metal on hit
-50% metal from anything else (dispensers, weapons, pickups)
-10% damage

Replaces Engineer's secondary.

(This was found on the Steam forums, I just changed it a bit)
~Wliu
Last edited by Wliu on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#5: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:52 pm 
The Unknown
Level 2
Total Points: 41 points
Next Level: 50 points
A falsification gun for the Spy.

Does zero damage but illustrate falsify firing when disguised.

A tagging knife for the Spy

Does not lose disguise upon use, does zero damage upon backstab victim is tagged allowing him to deal and receive friendly fire damage.

#6: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:55 pm 
The Unknown
Level 4
Total Points: 184 points
Next Level: 200 points
I'd kinda like to see a new rocket launcher that's similar (somewhat) to the one from UT2k4, where it has to fire four at once and you HAVE to have four to fire.

It'd effectively be for alpha striking, and it'd not be as flexible as a regular launcher.

#7: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:46 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 374 points
Next Level: 400 points
(Hades)
I'd kinda like to see a new rocket launcher that's similar (somewhat) to the one from UT2k4, where it has to fire four at once and you HAVE to have four to fire.

It'd effectively be for alpha striking, and it'd not be as flexible as a regular launcher.

The rockets would either need to be slower than the stock launcher, or it'd need a really long reload time.
Q_Q MORE

#8: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:08 pm 
The Unknown
Level 4
(Quorx)
(Hades)

The rockets would either need to be slower than the stock launcher, or it'd need a really long reload time.

Do you realize how long reloading four rockets is? That's what I'm saying, it reloads like a normal rocket, but has to have all four loaded before it can fire.

Generally, it's meant to be something more interesting and unique than just another weapon with either a different model or just stats that give it more or less damage or hp.

#9: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:50 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 374 points
(Hades)
(Quorx)
(Hades)

Do you realize how long reloading four rockets is? That's what I'm saying, it reloads like a normal rocket, but has to have all four loaded before it can fire.

Generally, it's meant to be something more interesting and unique than just another weapon with either a different model or just stats that give it more or less damage or hp.

Yeah, I do.

Would these rockets have a spread to them, or would they all fly in a straight line?
Q_Q MORE

#10: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:37 am 
The Forever Man
Level 6
Total Points: 568 points
Next Level: 800 points
(Quorx)
(Hades)

It would be amusing to watch people rocket jump with it then try to hit something with the next 3 shots : P

#11: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 am 
The Unknown
Level 4
(Chakkan)
(Quorx)
(Hades)

It would be amusing to watch people rocket jump with it then try to hit something with the next 3 shots : P

Read. It only gets one 'shot' with four rockets. So it'd kinda rule out rocket jumping as a viable tactic.

Would these rockets have a spread to them, or would they all fly in a straight line?
I was thinking something like the sentry's missile launchers (in terms of how the rockets fly)

#12: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 am 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 258 points
Y'know that extension chord that Engineer has on him at all times? Replaces secondary, can lasso one enemy to prevent them from moving. Can't do anything until enemy is killed. Basically, use it to spy check people, and if someone gets caught, yell for a teammate to get 'em. Downside is that you can't let go, so unless your team is there to help, you'll be vulnerable.

And, for Medic, a new Medigun. Does not overheal, charges 15% faster than the Medigun. Ubercharge grants 8 seconds of projectiles being reflected if they would hit the medic or the heal target, bullets do no damage. Vulnerable to melee attacks. Would basically be great against sentries, helping an engy defend his sentry nest, or pushing against a soldier-happy team. Still leaves the medic as an easy target for a demoknight or a jarate-kukri 1-2 punch.

#13: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:53 pm 
The Forever Man
Level 6
Total Points: 568 points
Next Level: 800 points
(Chakkan)
(Hades)

Read. It only gets one 'shot' with four rockets. So it'd kinda rule out rocket jumping as a viable tactic.

ah I was thinking like a repeater I haven't played any UT in a long time : P

#14: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:25 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
[new wrench name]
+20% damage
-30% build speed

Replaces Engineer's Wrench.
Basically the opposite of the Jag.
~Wliu

#15: Re: Your ideas for new TF2 items?
Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:16 pm 
The Creepy Kid
Level 5
Total Points: 293 points
New flamethrower: +25% damage, no airblast, 250 ammo istead of 200.

Search for:
Jump to: