Popup Content
What brings you joy in TF2?
#1: What brings you joy in TF2?
Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:33 pm 
The Unknown
Level 6
Total Points: 417 points
Next Level: 800 points
We have a "What frustrates you in TF2?" thread and it seems to be immensely popular. Reading through it you would get the impression we hate every second we're playing TF2. Which would pretty much make us all bat shit crazy for continuing to put ourselves through the misery of playing.

So why do you keep playing? What do you like about the game? Most importantly, what moments make the little demon inside you warm with joy? You know, like backstabbing Sudenak right before she's about to deploy her uber.
Also known as Cheeky Motherfucker.

#2: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:44 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 258 points
Next Level: 400 points
;-;

Well, two little moments bring me joy.

The first is that build-up right before I pop a counter-uber, where I know if I time it wrong we won't use it as effectively or I'll die from trying to dodge the already-popped uber. Once it's popped, it's a good feeling :3

The other is when I backstab Slusho! There was one moment in particular where I backstabbed Slusho! and Wily right in a row. Is just so much fun :3

#3: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:11 pm 
The Mindless
Level 8
Total Points: 1513 points
Next Level: 1600 points
This It's kinda loud

#4: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:31 pm 
Can't Only Snipe Six
Level 8
Total Points: 1369 points
Everytime i get a Headshot brings me the up most joy!
Slusho Posters Deviant Art
SlushoTube

#5: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 pm 
The Fucking Secretary
Level 7
Total Points: 869 points
Next Level: 1200 points
so many things keep me playing TF. i just love the game.

1. i love blowing up people. especially
my friends. i love sharing a laugh over my random crit rocket that just happened to save my life before i would have been fucked by the next person's shot. i love blocking the cart.

2. fucking around when i'm not doing well. this is so much fun. when i'm having a bad night and am getting frustrated, i start as scout and each time i go through and play the next class until my next death. usually pretty amusing because it seems to just surprise people. also, i have learned some random tricks because in general it just gets me experience in all of the classes, not just the ones i play, which are soldier medic, and sometimes scout/demo.

3. ubers. they are so much fun. even the kritz is fun. as medic i've loved learning the pros and cons to each medigun they come out with so that i can time them perfectly to use them as needed. it was fun to use uber, kritz is so much fun to screw people over with by blown up hole groups, and even the quick fix has its own uses that i've discovered. for me, medic is such an adrenaline rush unlike some other people find it. i've heard people claim medic is boring. but for me, it is so nervewracking to avoid as many shots as possible, even in a large group. and each time i dodge, i feel i get better at dodging in general. and on the rare nights i do go battle medic i do have an amusing time.

4. as admin on my old server i did enjoy time from time rocketing people. feel free to ask me anytime if you wish to be rocketed, time bombed, etc. i have an amusing time doing it in the process for those that enjoy it. but i will be nice and avoid doing it to people who will be pissed off by me admin abusing :D

5. having weapons. i am a weapons whore. i love having every weapon. i could care less about having the hats, but it is a MUST have to have every weapon and know how to use them for me. it furthers my knowledge of the game, always, which is fun for me. :)

anyway, that's all i can come up with for now, and i'm about to head out. i may post more later on what i love about this game. :D :D :D
Survival of the fittest. Because it wasn't meant to be called Whoever Can Be Drug Across The Finish Line By Somebody Else.

#6: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 374 points
Bodyshotting people with the Sydney Sleeper. Even if it's not a kill, I still get a kick out of watching my target get drenched with piss.
Q_Q MORE

#7: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:01 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 219 points
The fact that it went free to play, I wouldn't be here otherwise.

#8: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:13 pm 
Oh god why
Level 6
Total Points: 713 points
Next Level: 800 points
Ubering a lawlzy class like a sniper, spy, or another medic. :] Also being a spy-killer medic or anticipating where extra jumpy scouts land when I'm a soldier. Also, lately, being on a server with <10 people so that my laptop can function well enough for me to hold my own as a soldier. My laptop has been making me QQ, but I can't get a new one until I know I can afford living/etc when I go to grad school.
[50]sllewely; friend me on my four steam accounts as: sllewely, sllewely2, Thumbody, and Supersammydog

#9: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:47 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 374 points
Being in the top 100 of the servers again.
Q_Q MORE

#10: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:26 pm 
The Unknown
Level 5
Total Points: 258 points
Ubering Slusho! Possibly the most entertaining and rewarding ubers, because the enemy team is usually so baffled and thinks we won't get anything done that it ends up working -really- well.

#11: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:20 am 
The Unknown
Deflecting projectiles...

...into people other than those firing them (although that's pretty fun, too...)

I mean, it's just incredibly fun when you use someone's own weapon against not just them, but their TEAM. I can deflect rockets/grenades at a fairly good rate (probably about 1/4 of all grenades, and 1/2 of all rockets other than DH, LL, or HADES rockets), and I always look forward to a soldier butting in to me going after someone else - it gives me a fairly good shot at a faster kill on both of them. Even better is when I can redirect a rocket to take out groups - I remember using the deflected crocket of some guy to wipe out 7 people at once on the bridge, during one of the rare Teufort matches on our server.

I can't think of anything else to put here.

#12: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:08 pm 
Can't Only Snipe Six
Level 8
When i find a hat... O wait i have never found a hat. :(
SlushoTube

#13: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:52 pm 
The Unknown
Level 4
Total Points: 184 points
Next Level: 200 points
(Twisp)

...into people other than those firing them (although that's pretty fun, too...)

I mean, it's just incredibly fun when you use someone's own weapon against not just them, but their TEAM. I can deflect rockets/grenades at a fairly good rate (probably about 1/4 of all grenades, and 1/2 of all rockets other than DH, LL, or HADES rockets), and I always look forward to a soldier butting in to me going after someone else - it gives me a fairly good shot at a faster kill on both of them. Even better is when I can redirect a rocket to take out groups - I remember using the deflected crocket of some guy to wipe out 7 people at once on the bridge, during one of the rare Teufort matches on our server.

Funny thing about that, you rarely reflect any of my rockets and whenever you do I just whip out the good ol' shotgun and kill you with that. :P

#14: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:40 pm 
The Unknown
(Hades)
(Twisp)

Funny thing about that, you rarely reflect any of my rockets and whenever you do I just whip out the good ol' shotgun and kill you with that. :P

Hence why I mentioned special edition HADES-Brand rockets. They're better than regular rockets because they have the tendency to kill me whenever I exist.

I can't think of anything else to put here.

#15: Re: What brings you joy in TF2?
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:35 pm 
Can't Only Snipe Six
Level 8
Sudenak ubering me!
SlushoTube

Search for:
Jump to: