Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 am 
FIGHT ME
Level 7
Total Points: 1004 points
Next Level: 1200 points
(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)
(HavikBoom)
(Old Man Jenkins)
Another thing I've noticed, Hales are getting repetitive. Usually, there will be three of the same hale in a row before a new one is selected.

Usually suppose to be a random thing despite the odds of a same boss getting picked several times in a row, I don't believe there is anything that prevent that, but I do know that adding a plugin to choose bosses is not a great idea.

I've looked throughout the actual random system of choosing and it's not really anything we can handle. It's just the random system going derp every once and a while. Slightly random in itself for those events to occur having the same Hale multiple times. I can look more into the randomized system, but I don't think there is anything that can be done about it.

This could also be part of the system, but I'm always finding certain Hales appear more often. I hardly ever see Saxton and Vagineer, but I'm always seeing Gentle Spy. Know why that is?

#32: Re: Nerfing Some Hales
Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:28 am 
The Noseless One
Level 6
Total Points: 499 points
Next Level: 800 points
(PenguinBond)
(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)
(HavikBoom)
(Old Man Jenkins)
Another thing I've noticed, Hales are getting repetitive. Usually, there will be three of the same hale in a row before a new one is selected.

Usually suppose to be a random thing despite the odds of a same boss getting picked several times in a row, I don't believe there is anything that prevent that, but I do know that adding a plugin to choose bosses is not a great idea.

I've looked throughout the actual random system of choosing and it's not really anything we can handle. It's just the random system going derp every once and a while. Slightly random in itself for those events to occur having the same Hale multiple times. I can look more into the randomized system, but I don't think there is anything that can be done about it.

This could also be part of the system, but I'm always finding certain Hales appear more often. I hardly ever see Saxton and Vagineer, but I'm always seeing Gentle Spy. Know why that is?

It's just the random system being derp. Nothing our side can really do anything about it.
The Silent Assassin
Tumblr: http://lawdvawldawmawrt.tumblr.com/

#33: Re: Nerfing Some Hales
Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:06 pm 
The Unknown
Level 3
Total Points: 86 points
Next Level: 100 points
(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)
It's just the random system being derp. Nothing our side can really do anything about it.

Well, if the system knows to pick hales and not just to pick a random class, then can't the system be edited so that it doesn't choose the hale that was in the previous round? Or you just plug in a large list that loops. And by large, I don't mean something like going through the list once. I mean having 100 hale names and mixing them like a deck of cards. Some hales get repeated but it's unlikely. Since it would be a large number then player's wouldn't really KNOW which hale their about to get and it makes it seem like a random event.

#34: Re: Nerfing Some Hales
Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:25 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
(Old Man Jenkins)
(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)

Well, if the system knows to pick hales and not just to pick a random class, then can't the system be edited so that it doesn't choose the hale that was in the previous round? Or you just plug in a large list that loops. And by large, I don't mean something like going through the list once. I mean having 100 hale names and mixing them like a deck of cards. Some hales get repeated but it's unlikely. Since it would be a large number then player's wouldn't really KNOW which hale their about to get and it makes it seem like a random event.

If you *really really* want to, I could check it out...
~Wliu

#35: Re: Nerfing Some Hales
Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:29 pm 
The Noseless One
Level 6
Total Points: 499 points
(Wliu)
(Old Man Jenkins)
(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)

If you *really really* want to, I could check it out...

By how I've seen systems like that actually work, it requires a lot of knowledge on the backbone of FF2 and compared to what it could be isn't worth the time and effort to put an advanced random system that may or may not work completely well, break the server, or just give the same effect as the old one. We can still look into it but as far as I've seen the random system has been the same as it has ever been and hasn't necessarily been "messed with" as people proclaim it to be. The only thing that has changed with it is just adding new bosses. Nothing else other than that which means the same exact random system as there was before.
The Silent Assassin
Tumblr: http://lawdvawldawmawrt.tumblr.com/

#36: Re: Nerfing Some Hales
Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:51 pm 
Clickwork
Level 6
Total Points: 760 points
(Lettrini)
What I hate is the new superjump added with ff2 which gives significantly less force than the vsh superjump. :ugeek:

(PenguinBond)
(Lettrini)
What I hate is the new superjump added with ff2 which gives significantly less force than the vsh superjump. :ugeek:

Oh gosh this. Us old VSH players remember this. I would want to add it, but with new Hales, (Like Ninja Spy) they can go way faster around the map. Getting closer and ensuring that revolver kill. Sorry mate, I'd like it too. :( (It's also part of the mod, not our half.)

(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)
2. Super jump isn't the same as VSH but hard to replicate. May or may not be possible in the future although most people know how to work it and strafe it.

I love to torture you, Lawd.

Replicated the old super jump nearly word for word from VSH. Enable on only the bosses you feel would be balanced with it.

Regardless of whether there really is a working config to enable or disable it, you should probably use this because you can control which bosses have it.

Have Wliu take this.
Oldjump.zip [18.92 KiB]
Downloaded 194 times
Steam name : Usually "Wub Wub, Motherfucker!"
Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:34203941
Youtube : mymiuchiz / ChrisMiuchiz
AIM : Chrismiuchiz / Chris Miuchiz

#37: Re: Nerfing Some Hales
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:44 pm 
The Silent
Level 9
Total Points: 1910 points
Next Level: 2000 points
(ChrisMiuchiz)
(Lettrini)

(PenguinBond)
(Lettrini)

Oh gosh this. Us old VSH players remember this. I would want to add it, but with new Hales, (Like Ninja Spy) they can go way faster around the map. Getting closer and ensuring that revolver kill. Sorry mate, I'd like it too. :( (It's also part of the mod, not our half.)

(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)
2. Super jump isn't the same as VSH but hard to replicate. May or may not be possible in the future although most people know how to work it and strafe it.

Replicated the old super jump nearly word for word from VSH. Enable on only the bosses you feel would be balanced with it.

Regardless of whether there really is a working config to enable or disable it, you should probably use this because you can control which bosses have it.

Have Wliu take this.
Oldjump.zip

*take*
Is this what you meant in the PM?...
~Wliu

#38: Re: Nerfing Some Hales
Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 pm 
Clickwork
Level 6
Total Points: 760 points
(Wliu)
(ChrisMiuchiz)
(Lettrini)

(PenguinBond)
(Lettrini)

(LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT)

Have Wliu take this.
Oldjump.zip

*take*
Is this what you meant in the PM?...

Nope? The PM was unrelated to this. This is a modified default-abilities with the jump changed to the VSH version. Use it on whatever bosses you choose.
Steam name : Usually "Wub Wub, Motherfucker!"
Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:34203941
Youtube : mymiuchiz / ChrisMiuchiz
AIM : Chrismiuchiz / Chris Miuchiz

Search for:
Jump to: